Introduction & MCI 400 Series Question

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bentronics

Hello Everybody,

since this is my first post in this forum i want to introduce myself: My name is Max and i'm a electronic musician from Vienna, Austria.
I got into diy-ing several years ago when i started modifying my synthesizers and making first modular-synth modules. I have done a bunch of projects ever since, including some midibox stuff lately (i just love http://www.ucapps.de - great project from Thorsten Klose! ).

So taking it to the next level led me to this great forum. I've been watching the action in here for a while now and there's a huge bunch of exiting projects i want to realize in the future.
I tried to decide wich project to start with in the last weeks, but recently a friend of mine made the decision very easy :razz: :
He gave me a bunch of channels from an old mci 400 series mixing console (precisely a jh-416 not sure if a or b) - ripped out of the desk decades ago and been sitting in a loft ever since.
They are in pretty bad condition but my mission is to rack those babys up and enjoy that seventies-sound :green:

I've already done an extensive search through the forums and got some info as those schematics had alredy been requested some years ago. Finding out that buttachunk was the guy who had them, i e-mailed him but he didn't have them around anymore.
Although he said he sent the schematics out to about a dozen of people here at the Lab, so if there's anybody around having the schematics for the jh-416 i would be very thankful if you could email them to: bentron <at> gmx <dot> net

I've also seen JLM-Audio (don't know his username here right now) doing a very nice job on racking up one 400 series channel, big up :thumb: :
http://www.jlmaudio.com/JLM MCI 4 x MIC PRE & EQ 800.jpg

Anyway, so much for my first post here at the Lab.

Thanks in advance for any help & best regards,

Max

Hello & welcome to the forum.

From what I understand there are 3 versions of the MCI 400 as follows

400 had black fascias & used the 2001 round can op amps
400a had pale yellow fascias & used the 2001 round can op amps
400b had grey fascias & used 2001 op amps with 2003 op amps as the summing amps.

I have been trying to find a diagram for the 400b for some time now with no success. It differs from the others in that it has pairs of transistors with each op amp. Mostly people have the diagram for the 400a.

Anyway if anyone has the channels diagram for the 400b I am still looking for it.

Latest posts

Back