Fet buffer

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nikolay

Hi, I found this one over a ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/STEREO-FET-BUFFER-FOR-DAC-PREAMPLIFIER-TAPE-REC_W0QQitemZ120202708959QQihZ002QQcategoryZ12050QQcmdZViewItem

Schematics includet:
fetbuffer2.jpg

For that amount of money a ready to go buffer looks fun. Not sure what the clear benefits are of this balanced topology; in other words: if it solved problems that are not really problems - and this at the expense of needlessly introducing other issues. FWIW, no coffee yet, brain not really working.

Not sure what the clear benefits are of this balanced topology.
Well, it's not really balanced--more of complementary. That's OK I'd say, but I question the use of Q1/Q4. As shown they seem to do little besides halving voltage swing and increasing distortion. A TL071 is cheaper and better.

Samuel

[quote author="Samuel Groner"]
Not sure what the clear benefits are of this balanced topology.
Well, it's not really balanced--more of complementary. That's OK I'd say, but I question the use of Q1/Q4. As shown they seem to do little besides halving voltage swing and increasing distortion. A TL071 is cheaper and better.

Samuel[/quote]
Had that coffe now and oops yes, balanced is not the word for it :wink:

Those Q1/4 indeed better used otherwise... when looking at the schematic with both my eyes still closed I thought it'd be a CFP-variation, but that just preconceivement.

If it had been a few JFET-input CFP-stages with or without some additional transistors (current source, more output-drive, ...) slammed on a PCB it'd been interesting to get a few for convenience.

Regards,

Peter

Latest posts

Back