Roland Jupiter 8 repair

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good result Luis, very well done, Jupiter 8's are not an easy machine to repair. There is a guy on the net who advertises on ebay, he remanufactures lots of roland parts, in fact he builds entire switch PCB's, pot boards etc. I noticed he makes bender modules cheaply that suit JP8/SH2/Juno60/Juno106, I think they are only like $10.00 or so.I think he calls his company Synthbits or something like that. I will look around for him and post details if I find them. Hope you had fun fixing your synth, don't forget to turn off the 2 test switches before you close up! :grin:

Thanks so much for your help Steve ....... ! :grin:

Your advice was really great as the service manual could be a bit more helpful regarding troubleshooting tips .... IMHO at least .. :cool:

It was the first time I opened one of these and I enjoyed the experience as I now understand a bit more of how it actually works ...

I had already made repairs on some vintage keyboards like one MiniMoog , various Fender Rhodes , one Mellotron M400 and quite recently a Wurlitzer 200A ....

Next in line will be a Farfisa Partner154 .........

All the best ... :guinness: :guinness: :sam: :sam:

Luis

Happy to be of help, good luck with the Farfisa, if you have any problems with dead octave dividers I have a circuit that you may be able to use to build one from common parts. I normally don't touch organs, only synthesisers and recording equipment, every organ tech I have ever met wears dress shorts and long white sox with sandals, and I am so not going there...

I foolishly bought myself a second Yamaha CS-80 last week, now I have this 220 pound telephone exchange sitting on my bench. The full tuning and calibration procedure is 32 PAGES.... The Jupiter 8 is a big job to fully calibrate, the CS-80 is a real bitch, but it is definately the biggest sounding synth you can buy. The Arturia plug in version of it is laughable when you play it next to the real thing. I am just trying to figure out why Yamaha made an entire aftertouch control PCB full of 4000 series CMOS IC's and not a decoupling cap in sight! What were they thinking with? :shock:

Latest posts

Back