ratio of Oktava MK319 transformer?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the working man's dead ratio would be the signal out divided by the signal in,

the actual ratio will be the signal out, divided by the signal in, plus the few turns added to compensate core loss (no wonder my turns count never matched the factory MSRP sticker.
full props going out to Doc Hoyer for opening my eyes to the "compensatery factor", a term coined by none other than the late, great Jorge Harrison.

scope it, or is it dead?

It's in the mic still, and the mic works fine. I was just curious to know what ratio they use.

Can I scope it in the mic, or will the additional circuitry it's attached to mess up my readings?

I think I actually have a pcb, transformer attached, that was taken from one of these somewhere. Maybe I can find that one, unsolder it, and scope it.

I'll see if I can find it.

JC

I've got a drawing I made years ago with 1.6:1.0 on it (input-to-output). Don't ask me how I came up with that, because I can't remember. Seems like it was written on the transformer with pencil.

I forget who suggested the numbers were the source resistors selected for the FET. I think it was at TT and it might have been Zebra.

[quote author="Flatpicker"]Seems like it was written on the transformer with pencil.[/quote]

IIRC they varied. Check the pencil on the transformer case to see if it is legible.

Wow!!! Such great people here--almost like those old TT times :thumb:
About to get sentimental... :cry:

And Flatpicker himself... :cool: :cool: :cool:

How have you been, my old buddy? Haven't heard from you for ages...:guinness: :guinness: :guinness: :guinness:

Marik, are you drinking tonight?
Never mind, I already know the answer.
Now go to your piano and hammer out some Chopin.
Plenty of dramatic head bobbing and Liberace gay smiles, video tape it, and repoet back immediately.

[quote author="CJ"]Marik, are you drinking tonight?
Never mind, I already know the answer.
Now go to your piano and hammer out some Chopin.
Plenty of dramatic head bobbing and Liberace gay smiles, video tape it, and repoet back immediately.[/quote]

:green: :green: :green:
You bet... but
Stay Rachmaninov... from my recent tour:

http://www.pianostreet.com/smf/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=28082.0;id=4206

What kind of chord is that at 1:11?

Demented 5 th or depleted 5 th?

:razz:

Wow, getting better, a little heavy on the pedals for that room during the dramatic part, but hey, the price is right!

Awesome , really.

Sounds like you have 11 fingers.

The feeling is there, a smattering of applause that turns into an encore!

Very good, but can the wife dance to that?

Thats one song you can't do on a guitar, yessir.

http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=487

It was me, and I am still alive!

Funny to check in randomly after all this time and still see the same old names (albeit with different avatars!). Hope you're all well - am just listening to Mark's awesome Rach playing - stunning!

[quote author="zebra50"]

It was me, and I am still alive!

[/quote]

Now THAT is surprise.
Hi Stewart--good to see you :guinness:

[quote author="CJ"]Wow, this is getting weird.
Is it the apocolypse or something?
spell check on asile 5![/quote]

Does it look like I am bipolar, or something? :shock: :shock: :shock:

[quote author="Marik"]Does it look like I am bipolar, or something? :shock: :shock: :shock:[/quote]

You're certainly discrete!

I was abducted by aliens and now believe I am living in the year 2008 (although my subconcious knows it is really still 2006). They taught me a lot about capacitors and how to cook beetroot.

Good to see you all.

S

... Back on topic, I found my notes.

For 3 Oktava transformers tested,

MK219, S.N. N11523: Volts Ratio = 7.45:1, transformer marked 1.6, 1.0.
MK219, S.N. N11411: Volts Ratio = 7.39:1, marked 1.8, 1.8.
MK319, S.N. not noted: VR = 7.99:1, marked 1.8, 1.6.

DC resistance of primary = 742R, DC resistance of secondary = 14 ohms
Inductance of primary >40H, inductance of secondary approx. 1H.

Where 'Primary' is circuit side, secondary is XLR side.

Tested with 1KHz sine wave, approx 700mV supplied to XLR side, transformer disconnected at circuit side.

(MKL2500 tube mic Ratio = 1.49:1. Totally different circuit, of course.)

Hey Mark! I've been doing fine. How have you been? That's some mighty fine piano picking! You had any kids yet, or are you still practicing? :green:

[quote author="Marik"]Does it look like I am bipolar, or something? :shock: :shock: :shock:[/quote]

CJ might have been referring to me and Stewart coming back from the dead in the same thread. Speaking of which - Hey Stewart! Great to see you here.

I think I'm about to get sentimental too!

Back