Silent Arts, or anyone: TAB V382 o/p xformer ratio?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

volki

I was always wondering if the ratio of the o/p xformers is 1:1, or other. does anyone know?

thanks & cheers,
volker

Hi Volki,

in the old telefunken / neumann etc schematics the data for transformer data is rare.

try Haufe if you have the transformer-nr.
I've done this for more then 20 transformers (labeled haufe, neumann, telefunken, only a number ...), and they had only for one :!: no data.

volker

well, if no-one has the data, of course i'll have to contact haufe. the thing is, i don't own any v382 as of yet, nor do i have a schematic or any document indicating the number... anyone? also would be interested in same regarding v282 & v682. maybe v982 (lawo) even?

the v x82 splitter amp's are a great source for line xformers in general, so i'm collecting info for the case i come across one. e.g. neumann v482's come in two versions, one with 1:1 xformers, one wih 1:2 or something like that. which affects max. headroom and stuff.

thanks SA! even in full color... (dit is kult) :cool:

meanwhile i actually got 2 modules (=12 o/p trannies), checked them, and they really are 1:1. sine measurement denotes max. headroom at only +15 dbu, but i accidentally made the mistake as not to terminate the secondary properly. just hung the scope onto it, i guess that's not what you call proper loading :roll:

when passing music through it, i had no problems even beyond 15 db, so... :thumb:

Back