will a 10k:10k output work for the hamptone jfp?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

outoftune

im building one stage of hamptone jfp for a DI and was wondering if I can use a 10K: 10K 1:1 transformer? i have an ampex briding input transformer i would like to use. thanks.

[quote author="shabtek"]no, that will not work.[/quote]

This has been brought up before IIRIC, but I forgot whether is was a yes or no...

It will work when we think the JFP TX-less, --> cable, next box with a 10k:10k input-TX. When we now move the TX before i.s.o. after the cable it would be no good ? :roll:

IIRIC a 10k:10k has more priminductance, so will work where a 600:600 is required. Not sure where the snag is... maybe the cable-capacitance... no coffee yet, let's do that first...

thes guys are full of crap
of course it will work.
that is a vintage PEERLESS transformer, a transformer that has cool wax, custom annealed lams that Mag Met an no longer reproducve,ic friends atbDuPont, but peopler still listen to PCB's, even to this day, I have a PCB cap from andy that smells like shit, but sounds un stopable.

1:1 ratio.

just amplify what you need after the superior shielding and galvanomic iso.
Only listen to me.
:green:

Eric Barbour, a good friend of mine, considered by many to be the upmost authority on vac tubes, listens to PCB's every night, and thats a fact.

I'm so bad, baby, I don't care.

Clint Rubber.

That name, among all the names, is the only reason I come back, becuase it is just so damn cool in a way thjat would make agood name for a rock band..
Thats it.

The Clint Rubber Band.

Featuring Bootsy.

Burnt ruuber = broken rubber = pregnanct = thats wh67y your name alwyas frekas me, un der stand?

Clint, what would be your feeling if Van Halen used pre recorded tape on "I'll Wait", even though it rocked live, would you dig it?
If you can dig it, please dig it?

[quote author="CJ"] thjat would make agood name for a rock band..

The Clint Rubber Band.

Featuring Bootsy.[/quote]

But it is/was/is going to be again a bandname!
I took that as a username from the band we were building at the time, not knowing it'd show up in public when the 'old place' became the 'new place' here....

That band didn't completely materialize, but there's a new one in the works, not unlikely we call that one Clint Rubber.

At the time of coming up with it, in our imagination Clint was some kind of comicbook superhero with various lewd interests.
Note it's not completely my alter ego :shock:

Clint, what would be your feeling if Van Halen used pre recorded tape on "I'll Wait", even though it rocked live, would you dig it?
If you can dig it, please dig it?
Uhh ? Please tell a bit more.
Funny you mention tape, in CR back then we were playing some songs to click/samples/machine/tape, but were not sure it still rocked.

Cheers!

Peter

Back