PP output ala 436 possible with edcor XSM 15K/600 ?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flaheu

Ok I would like to know if the edcor could work in a PP output with ECC81 driving the transformer.
They are center taped, so It looks OK, but i'm not sure.
I've used several edcor TX and they always fullfill their requirements, but in this case...

Any infor or help appreciated

Cheers

in theory yes. think it's been tried here successfully. I've seen some handwritten notes about the correct Altec output being more like 28K:600.

Flaheu,

I can sell you some Edcor's for this purpose, if or some reason it should not work, you can return them to me and you get a refund

Cheers,
Tony
Edcor Europe

Hey thanks Tony,

I've already bought from you some TX and they all worked great.
I've used them extensively, and compared with "big" brand they don't sound "small", the only thig is that they don't have mu-metal TX in their range.

But or my purpose I've been told to use sowter 8650 wich is a 9:1 with 15K and +- 200 on the other side, sowter is ok (one of my favorite brand for 312 mic input tx)but they are f****** expensive.

I know the ratio would not be the same with the Edcor, the output would be hotter, but that's detail, I just put a pad after it.

I've asked edcor people if they can make an equivalent to the sowter, they replied that somebody work on that, but since this reply I've got no news, it's a few weeks now.

In the case I go for edcor, is it better to use the 15K/600 or the 10K/150
in the XSM range ?

Cheers

ok, Flaheu :guinness:
In many cases (no pun) the copper shielding is not necessary, it doesn't hurt to try :grin:

Latest posts

Back