Fairchild 670 Front panel Dimensions

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kid Squid

Bore Da Chaps,

Just wondering have any of you funky dudes got access, or can get access, to a 'real' Fairchild 670.
Basically, what I'm after, is the measurements to hole centres, eg. meter (x,y), I/P att (x,y) switches (x,y) etc, etc.
Also, measurement of the fonts - letter height/ width etc, etc,
and, Scale diameters, pot indexing (in Degrees) etc,etc........

I got the actual plate measurements ( 17"x9", 17"x4 3/4"),

There's a plate in it for whoever sorts me out........
Btw, it's for a good mate, have a guess............ :wink:

Iechyd Dda,
Steve :thumb:

Btw, it's for a good mate, have a guess............

Is he finally getting around to doing it? I assume this is Mr. Flinn? He has been collecting valves for the last couple years and he was telling me about the metal work he brought back form Prague I think, that was back in 2006... time flies!

Matt

Got one here. I have no idea how to get exact dimensions for holes and such without ripping it 1/2 way apart, but here are a couple of close up pictures.

670.JPG

C670.JPG

Or, you could just make your own panel like this:

fairman.JPG

Hiya chaps,

Cheers for the replies,

sonic mook, an easy way to do it is, to put some lo-stic masking tape along the top edge, and down the left hand side - mark centre lines/ points along the masking tape, and measure off the tape.
fancy having a go for me ? :wink:
Tom, I think that will be my backup plan mate ! Iechyd Dda Boyo :thumb:

come on the dragons........ :guinness:

Steve :thumb:

Here's a drawing I did about a year ago. The measurements were eyeballed with a ruler on a unit I didn't feel comfortable taking apart, so I don't guarantee accuracy. However, I think they're pretty close.

670Dimensions.jpg

I'll dig around in my notes - I may have some info on the font heights.

Latest posts

Back