Glue?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomelectro

Anybody know what kind of glue I should use to stick kynar wire to a circuit board? I've just added balanced input chips to some Ward Beck EQs, and need to dress the connections. I've tried super-glue, and hot glue, and though they both work, neither seems optimal. I've seen beautiful examples of SSL boards that were factory modded with kynar (wire-wrap) wire, and wonder what kind of adhesive they used. Anybody know?

Thanks

for that kind of work, ive had good luck with clear ge silicone ii rtv, the *noncorrosive* kind. ive found it at home depot. shop carefully because other kinds of rtv might contain acetic acid and are corrosive.

Quite a few factory mods with that wire are affixed with a specific Loctite cyanoacrylate. It had a primer, adhesive, and instant-cure spray in a convenient package. I don't recall the part number.

-Dale

I tend to use fast setting (1 minute) Araldite type epoxy 2 part resin glue. Fix the wire with adhesive tape temporarily - then apply a few glue 'spots' at intervals along its length. Neat and quick!

Latest posts

Back