Dumbest Girl in the World Contest

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

which girl do you think is the stupidest ?

• Heather Mills, for heartlessly gold-digging Paul McCartney

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Paris Hilton, for mindlessly screwing-away her inheritance

• Angelina "Mother Theresa" Jolie, for the knife-wielding crackhead to saint routine

• Ashley "lip-sync" Simpson, for not really singing on SNL

• Madonna, for... so much.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ummm....

I'm not sure that one can really use the word "dumb" in relation to either Hillary or Bill Clinton.

you may not like them, -and you're entitled to like or dislike as you see fit- but categorizing either one of them as "dumb" or "stupid" is like waving a flag advertising the fact that you haven't really thought about it very much...

You could say "manipulative", "scheming", "devious", "conniving" or a dozen other pejorative terms about either one of them... -and I'd probably even agree with you.

...But "stupid"?

I really don't think so.

You wanna think about it some more?

By the way, sometimes what you really NEED in a leader is someone who's manipulative, conniving, scheming or just plain devious... Especially when it comes to international negotiations.

..and it takes at least a certain amount of cleverness to be any one of those things.

I can't believe that somebody put Hillary's name forward before Brittney... :roll:

By the way, I'm not offended by the Hillary thing, I'm not sure I'D want her as a leader right now... but one thing I have to say... she's NOT dumb.

Keith

While I could pick one from the list that is less accomplished than the others I find the entire list has far more commercial or financial success than I do. While it doesn't take much wisdom to capitalize on being pretty, and or having wealthy parents, there are far more pretty girls that don't make it to that level of celebrity or commercial success.

I suspect they are not as stupid as we would like to believe, but they have done some stupid or insensitive things.

Stupid would be girls who have attained that level of celebrity than blow it... Brittany is a current candidate, but there have been others before her and will be others after.

What's the Las Vegas betting line on Amy Whitehouse to self destruct?

JR

That would be Amy Winehouse, actually, and here's the web site that pretty much wraps up what a lot of people think will happen to her:

http://whenwillamywinehousedie.com/

It's really sad, because once upon a time, she was a sober and quite talented jazz singer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PUlBarsQog (part 1)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIEr2at76Ac (part 2)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuuJ6RV8vVg (part 3)

Agreed Billary isn't stupid... not sure I buy that argument for her kind of clever, but that's what makes an election...

We'll sort that all out in Nov... I suspect she'll still be around in some fashion as long as she doesn't do something "stupid" between now and then.

JR

It's definitely not nice to her. My family thinks that web site is in poor taste, and really, it is, but I can't deny that it makes a very valid point.

A tie between Paris and Ashley. Deys DUMB. Can't say that the other three are dumb. I was never into Madonna's flava of the year, and might not agree with everything Madonnaworld, but I respect her as a savvy business person, or at least as someone who hires the right savvy business people. Heather Mills? I think Sir Paul was the dummy there.
And Jelly? Dumb? Isn't she the only reason people go to that Davos thingy? For her intellectual insights on world economics?

How about Michael Jackson? Theres a dumb girl!
Mike

buttachunk you seem to have some weird obsession with/hatred of female celebrities. whats up with that?

http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=24059

http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=245537

hmmm...

http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=294233&highlight=#294233

seems we have a case of 'transference' here.

"I am curious to see how Lab'ers react to female stupidity in so many forms... "

'female stupidity' how incredibly fucking offensive.
shame on the rest of you for playing along with this stupid thread. no wonder the few female members left here long ago.

[quote author="solder_city"]shame on the rest of you for playing along with this stupid thread.[/quote]

I only pointed out Amy Winehouse's actual name and a related web site, along with links to a show she was on way back in the day where she held her own and seemed a really nice person with few vices. No playing along for me. Indeed, I was thinking about starting a "male celebrity asshole-osity" poll with Morrissey and Robbie Williams as options to gender-balance things a little. :wink:

I agree that the level of female participation in the board is disappointing. At least partially, it's because of inane threads like this. Disgraceful.

Sorry, but this just took a wrong turn for me. All I know about women is that I don't know anything.

Really, I was hoping for a thread about the excesses that can be brought on by fame and/or fortune, for both men and women, but I guess I hoped too soon.

[quote author="Ptownkid"]I'm pretty sure butta didn't cause the rift, girls are generally not interested in this stuff.[/quote]

In my experience, girls are usually more interested in gossiping about other girls than electronics.

Which begs the question. Is butta a girl?

Gustav

What did make Hilton (and equivalent) success is the lack of people culture IMHO
Here at the lab we aren't those people, we have culture :wink:
I googled "paris hilton"+dumb, and got over 448,000 hits. nearly half-a-million hits.
So don't you think there are enough web sites about her, now ? :grin:

Has anyone here been behind closed doors with any of the people named in the poll? If not, then you're voting on the back of what the media has spoon-fed you.

No problem! We all know how well-balanced and truthful the media is - vote away :roll:

Justin

speaking of female participation, here, I sure miss our 2 ? girls. forgive me if I forgot 1. Kiira and vickey? Ideal members. Our "vibe" here didnt change.

I always enjoy Kiira's posts.... Kiira for president!!!

My wife (Corry) isn't on here, but she sometimes does some machining for the microphones, can do a mix on my console (though she gets me to deal with the patchbay), plays - and edits - drums, and is my microphone part shipping department. She doesn't really like using the computer, though, so she doesn't hang around here.

I don't really care for anyone who is in the news and shouldn't be. That covers many people mentioned. Now, discovery of a more efficient windmill for power generation, now that's newsworthy. A new low-noise audio op-amp coming on the market. That's newsworthy. But reporting that some celeb got drunk... come on.

Hey, I'm not criticizing the thread or the subject. -There ARE dumb girls out there, there are also some pretty dumb fellas too.

But I'm not calling Sean Hannity (for example) dumb... -I picked him because I think that he's an assclown, but he's quite clever, and he knows how to manipulate. -I actually don't like him for that reason above most others, now that I weigh it up.

I think that Butta's picked a few vapid women and we're being asked to vote which is most vapid... Myself I'd have left Madonna off the list because she too is fairly manipulative, but to each his own.

If Butta starts a "which male Country singer is the dubmest" or "which tech is the dumbest" I wouldn't be offended, so I'm not offended by the simple question of which girl (from a short list) is the dumbest.

Keith

[quote author="buttachunk"]This is not a personal thing with me-- I'm just trying to guage reactions here. See post #1.[/quote]

With all due respect, I don't think that you are going to achieve your goal with a loaded poll. Your poll presupposes that others here also have strong opinions about these people and share your conclusion that they are all stupid. Most of the people here probably don't care enough to vote, so the view to vote ratio might be more informative than the poll results.

-Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back