I am looking for Mackie micro serie 1202 schematics .Not VLZ

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gregory Pecary

Hi everybody.

I really like the Mackie MS 1202 and CR 1604 and I would like to modified them.Adding insert,sub group etc ....

But i never find the schematics on the web.Even the pro schematics dealers do not have them.The only thing I found is the 1604 VLZ schematic on the Jakob's website.But those ones are really different than the first serie.

Is anybody has an idea ?

Thank you

Gregory

If you scale down the size of your avatar I'll have a look :wink:
(great pic though).

But the original MS1202 manual did have the schematic, did you have a look at the Mackie-site already ?

You are right it's pretty big. :oops:

I'll change that.

There is a schematic in the user manual but really simple.It seems that some details are missing.May be not.It's may be that simple ?

What do you think ?

thanx

[quote author="Gregory Pecary"]You are right it's pretty big. :oops:

I'll change that.[/quote]
Hey keep that pic, just make it 50% :thumb:

There is a schematic in the user manual but really simple.It seems that some details are missing.May be not.It's may be that simple ?

What do you think ?

thanx
You're not talking about the block-diagram but the actual circuit-schematic, right ?
I've never jumped really far into the MS1202 box myself, just some simple mods but I have no reason to believe there's a 'lite' & 'full' schematic. I mean, for the schematic that I have I can well imagine that it is all there is to it to realize the advertized functionality. Bunch of opamps, resistors, pots, some filter- & coupling-caps, the LED-bar IC etc & done.

Regards,

Peter

You're not talking about the block-diagram but the actual circuit-schematic, right ?
I've never jumped really far into the MS1202 box myself, just some simple mods but I have no reason to believe there's a 'lite' & 'full' schematic. I mean, for the schematic that I have I can well imagine that it is all there is to it to realize the advertized functionality. Bunch of opamps, resistors, pots, some filter- & coupling-caps, the LED-bar IC etc & done.

Right ! The inside is so tiny that i really need the real schematic to understand what I am doing.

Have you tried Mackie? I have got every schematic I have asked them for.....

No.Their products had been cloned so many times that I thought they turned a bit parano.But I will . Thanx :thumb:

For those who do not know these mixers,I think they are just fantastic summing boxes.You can use 5 of them in cascade as sub groups with at the end the same super punchy sound with everything in it.
I have also a mackie 8 bus and it is not in the same league.It's convenient but the sound in itself is not as good as the ms 1202 or CR 1604.Just try to run the signal from a channel to a bus and from this bus to another....the loss of quality is just crazy.(just my opinion))

Now you know I am addicted to these babies. :green:

So.....
What I have in mind is to build a modular "swiss knife''good quality mixer using several 1202 or CR1604 for the inputs section and another for master section and use external gear for specific EQ,compression etc .....(I don't need a full parametric on each channel.A crazy routing is more creative for me). :roll:

So the 1202 or CR 1604 shematics are needed in order to :

-add Insert on the master section and the stereo channels too.
- add mute switch on each channel(yep !there is no mute).
- add sub routing on each channel
- to be able to connect differents busses of every mixer as desired
(sub groups,aux etc..).

Does it make sense for you or I am a dreamer ?

Peace
Gregory

[quote author="Gregory Pecary"]

Right ! The inside is so tiny that i really need the real schematic to understand what I am doing.[/quote]
It's still not clear to me if you have the 'real' schematic or not.
You got one that says for instance 4560 near the opamps ?(uhh, or was it 4580 ?)

The only thing I have is this :
Sorry for the poor picture.

It should be what you call block diagram.
It just tells me that what I want to do should be possible but that's all.
:?

Yep, that's the block diagram indeed. Weird that Mackie doesn't add the circuit diagram anymore, it was in the '1202 manual. PM me if Mackie can't help you here, I have a poor copy of the schematic, so can try to scan.

The manual says :

Block diagram & shematic page 17 to 19.
I have pages 17.18.19 but nothing exept the block diagram.

I don't understand when you say''anymore'' because the MS 1202 was their very first product.

I tried on the mackie website to have informations but you have to leave in US to have a reply.I wil try here in Germany but if you have the Graal I am in for a poor scan.

Thanx

Gregory

[quote author="Gregory Pecary"]I don't understand when you say''anymore'' because the MS 1202 was their very first product.[/quote]
'Anymore' as in that the 'full complete' manual had the schematic included. So they removed the schematic for the version they put up on the web.
I bought a 2nd hand MS1202 and contacted the national mackie distributor, who kindly sent me a photocopy of the manual. To my surprise it included the schematic, that was nice.

If you haven't been able to get something from a Mackie-representative (which would surprise me, they have decent customer service) I'll get the scanner out later this week; when looking for it the schematic wasn't where I expected it to be (yep, in the back of the manual, but where's my photocopy ? :twisted: )

Bye,

Peter

hey Gregory,
i've found a mackie ms 1202 with a part missing & while gathering the infos, stumbled upon your post. Maybe my questions
can still reach you...
1. : Did you ever get the proper schematics?
2.:  I haven't got a clue about nothing, I hate to say, but the part which is missing is something between
        the power supply and a 7 pin connector block. Maybe it's just an ordinary cable, but we opened the bigger version  (14.02) and  it has some device there. We thought  it might be a pre amp. (hoping to find something on the "real" schematics).
Iam looking for any information
from : what is it        -          to:  part number or any other available information, which could give a lead......  ;D

especially your enthusiasm, made me believe it's worth a go. The schnick - schnack upgrades in new things, is not always for advantage  ;)
Thanks for reading & i'd appreciate any help,
Susa

Hi W50

Yes i have most of the mackie mixers schematics.
You can have them if you want.

Can you post a picture of your ms1202 ?
May be i could help.

Greg

Hello,
I'm repairing an MS1202 at the moment,
can anyone please confirm if the 50kG potentiometers used in these mackie mixers are the same taper as a W potentiometer?

thank you

Back