DYNACORD tape echo Echocord Super 75: looking for schematic

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clintrubber

Hello,

I'm looking for the schematic of a Dynacord tape echo (solid state),
model:

Echocord Super 75

Couldn't find anything on the web, so if anyone has the schematic
of this model or of a related type I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,

Peter

I'll have a root through my links, but I don't think I've ever seen a schematic to a 75. There are a few places you can get a schem for a S65 valve unit though, maybe the same people could have 75 schems.

Email this company and see if they can put you in contact with anyone: http://www.binson.com/

If I can find any resources I'll get back to you (I have a lot of info on tape echo sites, but the 75 doesn't get mentioned much, it's a bit obscure).

Justin

You're really not going to like this...

I don't think CJ will either...

But the only link I can find that claims to have 75 schematics is this one:

http://www3.telus.net/public/vintage1/record.htm#d

If you have an obscure pedal schematic or something along those lines he'll trade it for the 75 manual. I've traded with him before, but it'll take a few emails before you find something he'll accept. Failing that he'll take cash, probably $5-15USD for something like a tape echo.

Good luck

Justin

Hi,

Thanks Justin for posting & checking your links. I did find the tubed version ('ec s 65') and the go-to-jail-that's-the-law site as well, but skipped it at first - I've mailed him before times ago about something but didn't hear anything. Might give it try this time.

And will try binson & why not, dynacord themselves as well. A Harmony-Central review of a EC-mini mentioned something like Dynacord still providing info. I'll check it that's a rumour or not.

Thanks,

Peter

Simply mailing Dynacord themselves did the trick, received the '75 schematic. Just let me know if anyone wants it as well.

They couldn't supply any replacement parts however, so if anyone (preferrably in/near the Netherlands) knows of a source for rubber tape guide wheels I'd be grateful.

Bye,

Peter

It's funny how I've been conditioned not to bother oems with kit they made years ago... I guess the surly responses from certain (Factor?) oems have put me off asking them for support on anything other than current ranges.

However, I've had a few jobs by Dynacord in Germany over the years, and they must have the best service department anywhere. Not only do they support old gear, but they don't charge you the earth for fixing it either (in the case of digi reverbs, I couldn't fix 'em myself).

I bet it was Martin Brandl who got your schematic?

EVI / Telex Service I salute you :guinness:

Justin

Hi,

Yes, strange 'general mechanisms' arise from non-responsiveness from only a few companies.

If I recall it correctly (don't have his mail here) it was Josef Stadler (sp?). You knew him ?

Bye,

Peter

Peter,

I find the Dynacord Echocord Super 75 in my old PA-schematic archive, you can find it here in two sections:

http://w1.316.telia.com/~u31641623/Dynacord%20Echocord%20super%2075,a.jpg

http://w1.316.telia.com/~u31641623/Dynacord%20Echocord%20super%2075,b.jpg

--Bo

Hi,

Thanks Bo, much appreciated ! Before i saw your files I had already uploaded the pdf that I received from Dynacord (it's
here: http://home.hetnet.nl/~chickennerdpig/FILES/Dynacord/Echocord_Super_75_cir.pdf )
BUT your files are more informative, with circuit-block indications etc.

Thanks !

Peter

Have any of you guys repaired these before?
I just got a Super 76 and everything (signal in, out, reverb, eqs etc) is working except the tape echo. I've traced signal fairly far along on the tape head output board, more work in the next few days.

Before I start to sub out parts on the board, how can I be sure that it isnt a problem with the heads. Is there any way to test these out independantly of the rest of the circuit?

Sleeper

Before I start to sub out parts on the board, how can I be sure that it isnt a problem with the heads. Is there any way to test these out independantly of the rest of the circuit?

(Sorry for) stating the obvious:
I guess you could at least check them for an eventual open circuit (using the highest range on your Ohm-meter to minimize the test-current) -
- BUT I don't know to which extend the same thing applies here as for mic-TXs: magnetizing the head. Who knows, you might check they're OK but do some damage at the same time. Maybe this is only very little though - and may even be solved by demagnetizing the heads ?

Peter

managed to disassemble the unit for accesss to both sides of board...

I suppose the trim pot- which is the last item on the board before signal goes out to the heads- that had a snapped of wiper could be a bit of a problem :wink:

sleeper

I'm resurrecting this thread because I recently got this machine which actually works without problems. Anyway, I intend to change the power socket and maybe din connectors to jack. Is it still possible to get the manual/schematics from any of you guys?
Thanks!

bancho said:
I'm resurrecting this thread because I recently got this machine which actually works without problems. Anyway, I intend to change the power socket and maybe din connectors to jack. Is it still possible to get the manual/schematics from any of you guys?
Thanks!

http://www.peel.dk/Dynacord/

Necro thread! Haha

I have a Echocord Super 76, which appears to be very close to the 75.
The dry input works perfectly fine, but I have a double problem : I have no echo, and no reverb.
I change a broken trimpot (the one at the end of the playback card) but still no signs of echo or spring.
When I tap on the spring tank, I can hear it... Both the in & out drivers seem OK...
Here are the schematics, in case someone has a clue! Otherwise, I'll keep looking...

Thanks

Attachments

• Echocord Super 76 (1-0106) (Rev. d) (1972).pdf
    1,001.1 KB · Views: 22

Latest posts

Back