Hey...Bass Response Gone!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snatchman

Hello. As you may know (or not.. :green: .), I have a Tascam M-2600mkII console. Even though I've had some minor problems with the Master section ( bad fader, scratchy control room pot, etc.) it's all been tolerable until now. I'm noticing the bottom end of tracks sounding thin and soft. Seems like the volume is not as loud at the same level I normally monitor at. Also, when I power up the console, there's this fax machine type sound coming out of the speakers, headphone,etc. and the buss and stereo LED's light up about 1/4 ways up for about 30 seconds then dissapears. Everything works ok after then. This has been happening awhile. Now I'm hearing a loss of bass response of tracks played from my HD24-XR and also recordings played back thru the external inputs into the control room.( CD player).. Where would I start looking for the culprit for these problems? Thanks.......... :?

You could try injecting say a 20Hz sine wave and then test at various points throughout the mixer - eg. from channel to insert to group to mix buss, etc.

How old is it? Just wondering about you electrolytic caps in case they are drying up.

[quote author="rodabod"]You could try injecting say a 20Hz sine wave and then test at various points throughout the mixer - eg. from channel to insert to group to mix buss, etc.

How old is it? Just wondering about you electrolytic caps in case they are drying up.[/quote]Hey rodabod. Thanks for the reply. Hummm... it's about'95/'96 model...

Latest posts

Back