Moving to Calgary!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mailliw

Hello,

I got a job in Calgary! I am moving from Halifax in a month or two. This is my first engineering job (Mechanical).

How many Calgarians here?

I'm from Calgary, there are at least a few others on here. My wife and I went on our honeymoon to Nova Scotia, with a few days in PEI. It's really nice out there, at least in the summer. The best food we had on the whole trip was at a pub - Maxwell's Plum on Grafton.

Cool, I know that place.

I will be working in the SW area, hopefully living there too, so I can walk or bike to work.

How is the rock music scene in Calgary? And are there any good used/vintage music stores? I want to pick up a new(old) guitar when I head out.

Thanks

Not that much for vintage that I'm aware of, but you can always find it. I think there's more chance for vintage in Toronto. Our three big music stores are Mother's, Axe, and L+M. The L+M is quite nice, though not as big as the central one in TO.

There's quite a bit of music, I'm more tuned into folk and bluegrass, though. I don't know if there's quite as much of a music culture as in the east, though.

-Dale

Back