TonyW

Re: Cavendish
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2018, 03:52:16 PM »
I got it working!
There are still a couple of issues
low 60hz hum
little more  Headroom would be nice, I don't know if by removing the 15k's and adding a jumper wire across  the 5532 is the correct way to proceed with this, no one seems to give me a direct answer on this, all they say is to remove them.
The sound-well it's got a little thicker sound then before.
Hope this post helps someone that purchases a Cavendish board.

scott2000

« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2018, 05:07:46 PM »
Great! I'm still at a loss as to how it works but it's irrelevant to me. I'm guessing it's single ended /unbalanced or something??? Just confusing because, from my limited knowledge, it almost looks like your omitting the negative polarity from the output circuit by leaving that stuff vacant.....would be nice to know for sure......

anyway, The manual says to take the ground from the Cavendish board to a spot on the GSSL close to the opamps..... Hard to tell where yours is going from the pic...... maybe hum from this???

Thanks for the updates! Glad it's working

TonyW

« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2018, 03:08:19 PM »
Just an update, after using this on my drum bus for a little while I determined  this dish thing belongs in the trash can . Total crap I spent a lot of money buying parts for this project also. Stay away from it.
Removed it from the GSSL and sounds much better. You also get no real  help from the people who sell it.

TubeMonkey

« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2018, 02:10:04 PM »
that's quite opposite of my experience.  Sounds great and really adds a lot of meat imo.

TubeMonkey

« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2018, 02:32:59 PM »
I don't have time for the next few days but can probably help you out: dont give up just yet