D-AOC PCBs - the building and help Thread

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone that has any tips on relatively cheap meters one could use for this project?

Im not too concerned with accuracy, i tend to use my ears more than meters. but something that moves and looks pretty would be nice. :wink:

/J

Hi Volker,

I have said it before but will say it again, many thanks for all your effort, and every one involved. I have seen what you have built in the past, in fact it was you that inspired me the very first time i came to this forum with your Summing Mixer, so it means a lot. :sam:

And Mr Analag, I'm a novice tube circuit designer, if i can ever design some thing as clean as this i'd be happy. I have studied your circuit a lot. Its so simple(or is it!), well the output tube config confuses me a little! :guinness:

I'm really looking fwd to see what and how other people make theirs over the coming months.

Now i better compose some music!

Pete

:grin:

Is this Pete signing off? C'mon, you can't be done, done. That's just not fair. :wink:

Seriously though. Very nice build. Show us some of the guts. I for one would like to see how you rigged up that slope switch. :thumb:

LOL, I have hogged the air waves to long already!!!

Ok Miko i'll post the inside.

Im working on a 2ru design of the front panel, that i will upload on the Group panel thang that okgb is wanting to get off the ground. along with all my other designs so any one will be able to download them and edit them if they like too.

Pete

Pete,
what a beautiful built!! You´re even faster than the beta tester team. I bet you had everything ready before you received the pcb :wink: . The front panel design is really amazing, the red colour turns out very nice. Just waiting for my front panel to be engraved ... The homage to Rowan and Volker is very much appreciated. Three thumps up :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
regards
Bernd

Stunning looks!! ...and sound, no doubt :cool:

That Analag/Silent Arts logo rocks. I might do that as well....if I ever find the time to start building..

And now some inside pics please :grin:

[quote author="MikoKensington"]OK. I got a reply from Edcor about the custom power transformers. They will be a about $46 each. U.S. guys let me know if you're interested.[/quote]

I'm in for four. I'd be happy to split the setup charge. PM or email me (follow the web address).

MIko,
I was debating about whether to get the power transformer from Germany since I'm going on holiday in Ireland in two weeks or go the Edcor route. Looks like the Edcor route is cheaper since the dollar sucks so much. I'm in if theres a group buy for one transformer.

I ordered the Power Transformer yesterday. I covered the set-up cost. If it looks good, I'll let you guys know.

I'm not sure I have the desire to arrange a full on group buy at the moment. But if the number of U.S. guys is large enough to make it worthwhile, yet small enough to avoid confusion, I'll consider it.

Shipping is a pain. This will also be a heavy item. So, you can imagine my hesitance. :?

Either way. Let's not clutter this thread with talk of group buys. We'll save that for Black Market. :wink: :sam: :guinness:

Hi Guys,

Posted a pic of the guts back in my post and below some points i have wanted to mention,

Meters.

I said i'd report back about the meters, I am using 1ma type and I know some of you want to too. unfortunately i have not cracked it.

Eventually with some adjustment and also the positive on my meters being in fact negative! the needles sits almost up right, around the -3dB mark.

played a little with R126, i put a pot in place with a 1k in series just to stop shorting, and it did make few more dB to -1dB on the scale but i could not get it any further, then i got scared and put it back to normal.

so, I'm going to leave it for a while as i have a session next week and i don't want to break it right now!

so hopefully some one with more skill than me can work out what needs to be amended here to make a 1ma meter work.

Regulators / heatsinks.

As far as the LM350 i had to do the same as volker, mount it on the deck, but just a heads up in the insulating of it against the heatsink, i had great trouble doing so.

sure you can insulate the outer nut and bolts with plastic washers say, i made my own, and the back of the Reg against the heat sink with a thermal pad, but i still had continuity between + and the Heatsink, because the bolt was touching the Reg as it passes though. so in the end i striped some cable sheathing about the size of the reg hole, and placed that in the reg hole, the bolt then passes through this, the Reg is 100% insulated from the bolt and the heatsink.

Now you are going to tell me there is an easier way aren't you! ;)

i did this to both 6.3v & 250v Regulators.

Best

Pete

[/b]

Pete, you can get special plastic washers from Farnell that go "through" the
hole in the LM*** range, so the bolt is totally insulated from the heat sink
end.
Works 100% :)

Marty.

Hi Marty,

Lol, i just new i was over complicating things!!

Mind, if you want any thing thats less than £20 from Farnel its a bit of a bummer..still next time I'll know so thank you.

Pete

[quote author="MikoKensington"]
Either way. Let's not clutter this thread with talk of group buys. [/quote]

If all we have to do is call and ask and we won't all be charged an extra $20 than I see no reason for a group buy.

What is the pitch of the audio (molex?) connectors? I'm sure it's in here somewhere but I can't find it.

Latest posts

Back