D-AOC PCBs - the building and help Thread

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't know if this has been mentioned; but, Handmade Electronics has the Solens and PC mount tube sockets for US builds. Price was right too.

http://www.hndme.com/productcart/pc/viewCat.asp

I know.. stupid question.. But it might also help some other people.
How do i connect the edcor IO trafo's?
The + - ground for the balanced side is simple, but what about the non balanced side? (so the compressor side)
Should i connect pin1 (+) to the postive and pin2 (CT) to ground or should i connect pin1 (+) to positive and pin4 (-) to ground?

xsm.gif

[quote author="tony dB"]I would connect pin1 (+) to positive and pin4 (-) to ground[/quote]

While i was posting my message i was looking again and had the same idea, wasn't 100% sure but now i am :cool:
My D-AOC will hopefully be finished this week, just waiting for some caps, mains trafo, opto's and some potmeters from musikding, it's a 2u rack with sifams.. pics soooon! :razz:

[quote author="cannikin"]so If I'm not using the relays, I don't need the 24V[/quote]
for the D-AOC itself you only need the Heater and High Voltage, that's right.

[quote author="mcfarlane_audio"]1N5373 looks like a good sub for the neon
68v 5w??[/quote]
you can use any zener in the range of 60V to 70V I would say, and they don't have to be 5W.

Hi,
my engraved front panel arrived.

The-Raven-018.jpg

The-Raven-019.jpg

The-Raven-022.jpg

The-Raven-024.jpg

The-Raven-026.jpg

Big thanks to Rowan, Volker, Darius, Jens and Frank. Sorry for the oversized picture, I thought I already reduced them, but somehow twin-x behaves unpredictable.
regards
Bernd

Bernd,
this is a GREAT looking D-AOC :green: :green: :green:
and your own design :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
when I get home from work (only 8 hours left):
:sam: :guinness: :sam: :guinness: :sam: to you :grin:

Very nice build! Probably one of the more compact builds we'll see. :grin: I hope to finish mine in just a week or two. I just need tubes, knobs, 24V regulator, 2k trimpot, and my front panel.

Would an Ampex 4580200-01 transformer work on input on this. It's supposed to be 10K:10K, and I have a couple laying around. Does anyone know if these are any good for this application, or if they are decent for anything? I saw CJ's evaluation; but, if anyone has any experience with them, I would be grateful to know about it. I can't find much on the web about them.

Thanks,

Steve

Would an Ampex 4580200-01 transformer work on input on this. It's supposed to be 10K:10K, and I have a couple laying around. Does anyone know if these are any good for this application, or if they are decent for anything? I saw CJ's evaluation; but, if anyone has any experience with them, I would be grateful to know about it. I can't find much on the web about them.

I've got a couple of these as well and I'm planning on trying them...

Latest posts

Back