D-AOC PCBs - the building and help Thread

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[quote author="dagoose"]BTW, i have one small issue with my beast, the neon lights flicker every couple of seconds, i think all neon lights do that but on the left channel the meter hops about 2mm from side to side when that happens.
The right channel doesn't have that.
I allready tried a different neon light without much result, maybe it's better to use a zener instead of the neon light?[/quote]

I had the same effect with 1mA meters. The neon lights even went off while turning the trimpot for the meters. With the Sifam VU this problem didn´t occur. My guess: Meters above 220 uA draw too much current. Since I´m not an electronic expert, you shouldn´t nail me on that.
regards
Bernd

I had this with one channel on my D-LA2A, but it disappeared after a few days of use - without changing anything.
may be something has to "burn in" ? don't know ... :green:

[quote author="Gold"]Has anyone tried this? It looks like Volker tried a resistor in parallel.[/quote]
must have over-read this before and haven't tried it. wouldn't be hard to mod it like this.

OK. This may be a very basic question here, but what are you guys using for fuses? Fused IEC jacks? Inline, ala Auto? What rating?

I'm using some fused IEC recepticles I got at All Electronics. I just checked and they don't have them anymore. They were cheap. I thought I would use a 3ag fuse. 2.5 seems like it's cutting it close.

[quote author="[silent:arts]"]I use a fused IEC, and have no problems with a 250mA slow blow fuse at 230V[/quote]

Oh. I thought since the heater secondary was rated for 2.5A it used that much current. I guess not.

[quote author="cannikin"]Hey guys I just wanted to let you know I had my Power transformer built by
Heyboer Transformers, they also built my 10K:600 output transformers too.

http://heyboertransformers.com/index.shtml

The prices aren't as good as Edcor but the quality is pretty damn amazing and the output transformers is awesome.

65.00 for the power.
85.00 for the output.

They are a really cool "mom and pop" shop, nice people and easy to do business with. Its easy, you email them with your request, they email you a price, you approve. They will snail-mail you an invoice and you can pay via paypal (+3%) or send a check. turnaround time is about 1 to 2 weeks.[/quote]

Hi David, I'll try them.

What secondaries and specs did you get on the power transformer?

I just got a quote from them $85 for the power, but I asked for shielding, maybe that was extra?

And is that price for two outputs total 85, or 85 / each?

cheers.

Just fired my D-AOC up for the first time and everything's working perfectly.

Now it's time for cold :sam:

[quote author="Benny"]Just fired my D-AOC up for the first time and everything's working perfectly.

Now it's time for cold :sam:[/quote]

Fine, Benny, the so called "Jungfernbestromung" has worked. Let the pics come, yeah. :thumb: :thumb:
regards
Bernd

[quote author="analag"]Guinness is good.[/quote]
this is for you :guinness: :guinness: :guinness:

analag, we have to add the mother of the D-AOCs to the D-AOC rack :green:
can you send me a foto of your front pannel ?

[quote author="Holger"]Is it generally possible to use 15k transformers instead of the proposed 10k's? I have some Altec 15k:15K and 15k:600R and I am wondering if they would fit.[/quote]I'm wondering the same about the input xfmr as I've got a cinmemag 15k:15K going unused at the moment.

Would it be as simple as strapping something across the scondaries of the xfmr? :oops:

The mother of the AOC is mono. I will post a pic of it soon.

Cinemag 15K:15K is perfect...you can strap a 10K or a 15K resistor across the secondary. With 15K as my preference.

analag

Since DAOC uses common ECC8X valves - would there be any problem using 12 Volt DC for heaters - not on this PCB - just thinking ahead :thumb:

[quote author="mikeyB"]Since DAOC uses common ECC8X valves - would there be any problem using 12 Volt DC for heaters - not on this PCB - just thinking ahead :thumb:[/quote]
I can't see a problem - but don't try it with this PCB :twisted:

[quote author="flintan"]flintan[/quote]
no - at least mine are not :green:

Back