D-AOC PCBs - the building and help Thread

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[quote author="bernbrue"]Benny,
did you use the relais boards as well? Which XLR connectors did you use?Check the polarity for relais power. Check also the transformer wiring (pin 1 is +, pin 4 is -) Can´t imagine that you´ve got wrong parts in there.
regards
Bernd[/quote]

Hi Bernd,

I'm not using the relay boards at the moment. I'm using standard Neutrik XLR connectors. I'm gonna check the transformer connections again.

Klaus from musikding had some 24v omron relays coming in soon, cool!

Now i just need to figure out if i need 12v relays for my future poor mans 660 or 24v there too.

/J

Will do!

Im trying to decide what edcor to use on the input. The XSM 10k:10k frequency plot looks strange to me so now its probably down to either xs1100 or the WSM 10k:10k for me.

If i understood correctly analag recommended the XSM line for the PM660, but was that just for that compressor, or in general?

Any suggestions on what to consider here, or is it basically either one is fine?

/J

i was just sourcing parts and have a few questions. i see that there are single turn trimmer pots and multi. what does that mean? one stepped (multi),one continuous(single)? which do i want for this project? i see there are holes for 4 posts on the board. most trimmers ive seen(not many) have 3 pins. is this for different pin out options or am i looking for a 4 pin trimmer?
what should i be looking for(specs) when ordering the blue and/or red LEDs there are many options that i have no understanding of.What should i be looking for?
thanks for any help

single turn covers the range in 360 deg, multi in many turns.

think the wholes cover the various types available?

just rough guesses while passing through

Iain

Just to add a little more to Lofi's description.

Single turn will get you there sometimes with a little fuss, Multiturn will get you exactly there.

I used multiturns myself..

Sorry if im asking too many questions.. Will i need to use shielded cable for the connections inside the box? Or will just twisting the wires to the trick?

If its better to use shielded cable for all the connections, can i use the shield on the cable for the ground connection on the pots since i dont have any shielded cable with three conductors+shield at hand, only 2 conductors+shield...?

Thanks!
/J

[quote author="Jonkan"]
If its better to use shielded cable for all the connections, can i use the shield on the cable for the ground connection on the pots[/quote]
yes and yes

Still want to tweak the compression amount but this unit sounds great!
Here's my version...

chuck_Aopto2.jpg

chuck_Aopto3.jpg

chuck_Aopto6.jpg

chuck_Aopto7.jpg

Thanks Analag , Volker and Darius ! :wink:

-ChuckD

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Chuck, what a beauty. speechless.
your DIY throughput is killing me :twisted:
and all your individual front panels are f###ing GREAT.

Charles,
I´m searching for the right words, but your gear makes me speechless. I´m really impressed by your incredible motivation to build all these excellent units. At the moment there are a lot of interesting projects. Having such a great input and seeing this amazing output makes me really happy.
regards
Bernd

yeah!!! WOW!!!

Looks incredible!!!

I have no idea how to make something even remotely as good looking as your unit, or any of the other units you other guys have built for that matter. Very impressed!

Im still trying to find some nice scales for my fpd file. Anyone that has any good hpgl scale files for 25mm knobs?

/J

chuck_Aopto7.jpg

been all over the web looking for meters like that, with no luck

Sir, that is one of the most beautiful panels i have seen!!!

i am in Awe

Iain

Can some one link me to Edcor or Hayboyer power transformers for this project in US

Please include required quantity, model #'s , prices, specs , looking to power a stereo PCB.

Interested in a torroid type.

Here is what I gathered so far

Edcor XPWR055 ( specs not confirmed ) $45
Primaries 115v x 2
Secondaries 220v/0.1A , 9v/2.5A, 24V 0.5A

Hayboyer ?

I just received my Edcor power transformer a few days ago. I just called them up gave them the model number you listed above. It took about a week to wind it. The secondary windings were the voltages you listed.

I thought I read (Volker - possibly?) said the cap values for the relay psu were to big - holding the channels in circuit for too long 3 to 4 secs, with power removed. Did these get changed to make the bypass drop out quicker :?:

I asked about running valves on 12V heaters - would this have any bearings on the gain of the circuit?

Back