D-AOC PCBs - the building and help Thread

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all ,

Befor inserting the tubes i wanted to know something ...
What are voltage befor insert tubes ?
1/ ive trim LM350 to get 6,3 v ---ok  
--Should i readjust it to 6,3v also when tubes will be insert ?? --

2/ I plug the 250v from musikding transformer.

When i measure DC at R128 i get something like 330v and more ... is it because i dont insert tubes ??
Should i insert tubes to get the 243 v there ??

Thanks

yes to both questions. re-adjust the regulator with the tubes in (it probably won't need adjusting), and yes, the voltages will drop to 230-250VDC levels with the tubes in. Current is pulled through the PSU resistors, voltage drops.

Sometimes I wonder if these high voltage tube projects might be a little too dangerous for people who don't know Ohms law.

Thanks Kingston !!

Yes im little affraid about that Highvoltage  ( first time i use tubes )
Ok the compresseur seems to work .. but when i plug the input transformer i only get high without Bass . ( without transformer all is good )

I use Xs1100 from Edcor and i did as show there :

input + to pin 1  input - to pin 2 and then ive connect pin 1 to 4 and pin 2 to 5
output + is pin 7 output - is pin 10 and ive connected Pin 8 and 9 together
Whats wrong ??

2/ I ve a couple of Dpdt with led and im searching the best way to get a 6 v , Is the best way is to create a new little Psu from output transformer 24v ?? or better to use the existing 24 v from psu 3 ??

Thanks all

flight said:
Ok the compresseur seems to work .. but when i plug the input transformer i only get high without Bass . ( without transformer all is good )

I use Xs1100 from Edcor and i did as show there :

input + to pin 1  input - to pin 2 and then ive connect pin 1 to 4 and pin 2 to 5
output + is pin 7 output - is pin 10 and ive connected Pin 8 and 9 together
Whats wrong ??

As i pointed out here and here i suspect that Edcor has incorrect information on their homepage. Note that i have NOT had the opportunity to try this transformer for myself so i don't know what is correct.

Hi,
this might help you to check the wiring. The image shows a 2:1 wiring. For the D-AOC a step up configuration (1:2) is needed. The XS1100 is an output tx. It should work as input tx in the D-AOC, but other transformer might perform better. Check the frequency response.

XS1100_bottom_view.JPG

regards
Bernd

Hi,
I used Lundahls for my D-AOC, but I once tested the XS1100 for this compressor. Compare the drawings and especially the pin numbering on Edcors website with my data sheet:

Edcors website:

XS1100.png

My data sheet:

XS1100_pin_numbering.JPG

Yes, it seems that phase is inverse in their drawing.
regards
Bernd

Just finishing of the PCB now, better late than never ::)

I'm not using any relays so can someone please confirm the PSU3 C11 /C12 electro cap values if I'm just needing 12V with a 7812 regulator for use just with a pair of sifam AL29 VU meters. I'm using the Musikding transformer for 240V. Can I use the same values as those used for 24V / 7824 reg? 2200uf / 100uf are listed on the BOM

Cheers JK

Hi JK,
confirmed! The caps have to be in the voltage range. With 63V or 100V you won´t have any trouble. I can´t remember the specs of the Musikding transformer. If sec.3 is giving 24V it might be better to take the 7824 reg and put the meter lights in series. 24V from the transformer might cause a lot of heat with a 7812 reg.
regards
Bernd

bernbrue said:
Hi JK,
confirmed! The caps have to be in the voltage range. With 63V or 100V you won´t have any trouble. I can´t remember the specs of the Musikding transformer. If sec.3 is giving 24V it might be better to take the 7824 reg and put the meter lights in series. 24V from the transformer might cause a lot of heat with a 7812 reg.
regards
Bernd

That's exactly what I did and it worked fine, go with 7824.

MM.

OK Thanks for the replies chaps ;D I'll go with 24V then!

Was just asking questions due to losing all the computer data & info I had on this & a couple of other builds so I've had to revise it all again to make sure I'm on the right track :eek:

I just thought that we have a lot of good tx around here, made by diy people and pretty cheap.
I prefer to give my money to these guys than to some big company!

It could be an exotic unit!

so in "theory" every 600:10k should work?
same as EA 2622

top.jpg

Altran C-3837-1
but it's 600:15k, maybe it's too much resistance on secondary?
C38371.jpg

diyfanatic said:
I just thought that we have a lot of good tx around here, made by diy people and pretty cheap.
I prefer to give my money to these guys than to some big company!

It could be an exotic unit!

so in "theory" every 600:10k should work?
I like this statement ;)

however, the official analag specs are still 10k:10k
we have seen step up transformers work better for lower levels.
the EA2622 is a MicPre transformer, have to ask Jeff about the levels.
[well, I have two of those at home, but no time for measuring - mid november I can do]
the Altran C-3837-1 is used in a Urei Compressor Clone?
Line Level should be fine here.

[untested] I would say: yes, will work.

thanks Volker!

I like this statement
ha ha, no doubt... ;)

and yes the Altran is input tx for rev A/D 1176
I'll go that route...

need to find an out tx now!

BTW, just for my knowledge, what could be the risk to use an input mic tx if it has the same impedance?

diyfanatic said:
...BTW, just for my knowledge, what could be the risk to use an input mic tx if it has the same impedance?
a mic in tx is build for mic levels, if you feed it with line level (+4 dBu and higher) it might saturate and distort.
a cinemag CMMI-8PCA in example has 1% THD @ -2 dBu (20 Hz)

Got a problem with my unit. The left and right side react differently. I've taken the vactrols out to locate it. Nailed it down to this: With the "output level" and "theshold" pots not connected the "input" pots (which otherwise, unconnected, work all right) read different values:

The first one shows 0/18KOhm 95k/18KOhm at max/min
The second one shows 0/18KOhm 95K/0 Ohm at max/min

Checked solder joints, resistors on the board etc, couldn't find any fault. Can someone give me a hint? Is there something obvious to check from the schematics? Or at least which channel is actually running as it should be?

Thanks!

Latest posts

Back