D-AOC PCBs - the building and help Thread

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
searched my harddrive, and yes, I did:

KubiMod.GIF

note: the label KUBI Mod is wrong. this is not his full mod, only the antiparallel vactrols

ilfungo said:
Where I can found Edcor transformer in Europe?
Thanks

search the PM660 thread.  There was a bloke in Belgium who I think was called Tony dB who was selling them.

Can't remember any more details than that I am afraid - sorry

Edit : here you go : http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?action=profile;u=107 :)

ilfungo said:
Where I can found Edcor transformer in Europe?
Thanks

I have some extras I might sell.  But I'm in US.  You could also buy direct from Edcor in US I suppose.  I might have more flexible shipping options than they might...  PM me if you're interested.

HI All ,
I Finally post unit finished !  :D
Lundhall LL1540 as input and something called edcor as output ! :p
daoc.jpg

i know i know next time i make engraved panel !

photo016k.jpg

I wanted to know if someone can help me in the Vu meter GR balistic !
I ve change R126 as explain to 100K variable and i ve try to set the vu meter with compression but it seems its totally impossible to set really something linear . ( i got a resistance too at Vu metre Input as mod explain there )
i ve try different way and the best i ve found was to set - 5DB and the -10 DB to 0Vu  and readjust ... i finally got something that seems to be not Bad ...but not really linear in fact  ( after 12 db compression hard hard to see anything more )
So i wanted to Know if someone can explain a way to make it a real GR mode starting to 0Vu and going Down with compression   ( i ve some picture of daoc making it no ?? )
Thanks

can anyone tell me how to order transformers from the  EDCOR site?
I tried to write the mail but no answers ....
What other low-cost transformer could use?
thanks ...

finished my daoc yesterday , after desoldering the neutriks from the bypass pcb (stupid me , wrong side ) and replacing sifam directors 1mA with some other VU´s i had .
instead of 1n5371 i used 1n5372 cause i didn´t get them.

transformers :lundahl 1540 input , edcor 10k/600

still i´m a little worried about the heat on the high voltage 783 . i used to use quite bigger cooling on my G9´s . any long time experience with the silkscreened cooling? (250v , 0,1A secondary)

inside is still quite a mess , so just a front pic for now...
IMG_1620_2.jpg

Shameless selfserving bump.

I am looking at this circuit and I am thinking of adding a low gain mic input stage with a 12av7 in a grounded cathode configuration as well as having the 10K input so I can leave it as a fixed patch in Protools. I know most people would say to build it first stock, but I can never really do that. Since there is room on the power supply, (I am planning on using the T03 LM350 for the DC heaters) I figure this is a good place to experiment. So I'd like to know if my shot in the dark is near target or even necessary.

In simulation, I have a Grounded Cathode Amp. set to 21db gain w/o input step up, Ra is 2.5k, Rl is 100k, 100v B+ @ 9ma. With an output z of 1.8k, I plan on feeding it into the 10k:10k through a switch. With this and the compressor amps, I would think I could gain up a ribbon mic and and have light compression. I was also thinking that I might try and pick off some NFB after c102, maybe on a switch.

I figure I am going to have to experiment, but I want to get some feedback on my design considerations. Any help helps.

Thanks-

[quote author=[silent:arts]
for the meters, read SSLtechs LA2A calibration instruction.
the metering circuit is exactly the same.
[/quote]

Hey Silents just a stupid question probably  , but why should i have to plug Meter + and - inverted from the pcb ?? ( i mean + pcb into - meter  and - to +)
That way i have something good in Vu meter up to 7db compression  and acting as a GR mode . :p

flight said:
Hey Silents just a stupid question probably  , but why should i have to plug Meter + and - inverted from the pcb ?? ( i mean + pcb into - meter  and - to +)
That way i have something good in Vu meter up to 7db compression  and acting as a GR mode . :p
since I have never heard something like this before most likely your VU meters are miss labeled

Back