D-AOC PCBs - the building and help Thread

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
justinheronmusic said:
Ok, so I checked out Small Bear. Are these Vactrols going to work?

http://smallbear-electronics.mybigcommerce.com/photocouplers-macron-mi1210cle-r/

Also, does anyone have a current source for a Power Transformer?

Hey there justinheronmusic,

I've ordered some custom Power Transformers from Avel Lindberg , it has :

1 x 220v @ 100ma
2 x 7v @ 2.5A
1 x 12v @ 1A
1 x 45v @ 80ma

I had a proto type made and has been in use in a quad of NYDave one-bottles and works perfectly ,

I have just order the min. of 10 pieces at $62usd each , I will be using one of these for this project , I got the PCBS and Vactols awhile back , would also be good for D-LA2A    ( DC heaters for both )  let me know if you're interested , I was planning on selling a few here as I don't think I'll use all ten  ::)

... but it will be 8-10 weeks before I have them

Edit - 12v is at 1A

Hi guys.
reading this forum I got a strong desire to try to make this compressor but I stuck  in the beginning.
Is there somewhere a complete content how  to make the compressor
schematics diagram, circuit board layout,  connection diagram  of all parts......

febo2609 said:
Hi guys.
reading this forum I got a strong desire to try to make this compressor but I stuck  in the beginning.
Is there somewhere a complete content how  to make the compressor
schematics diagram, circuit board layout,  connection diagram  of all parts......

Hi, check the first post of this thread, plz! Cheers

I read the first post but there is no PCB layout,only the schematics,component placement BOM....or I can not find it...

- Having trouble tracking down ZD39V. Does anyone have a US source for these? Or a replacement part #?

- Has anyone used the Lundahl 1540 for inputs? If so, how did you mount them, and does it require a zobel network?

justinheronmusic said:
- Having trouble tracking down ZD39V. Does anyone have a US source for these? Or a replacement part #?

Hello ,
              Here is a link from Mouser , this is a 5w , dont remember what the requirement is , just go to Mouser and put Diode in search and a number of choices will  appear in a drop down list , chose Zener.

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/ON-Semiconductor/1N5366BRLG/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMtQ8nqTKtFS%2fJ7m6e1KBCguk0Y0prn3dTs%3d

[silent:arts] said:
ZD39: look for a Gyraf G9 US BOM, it is the same PSU schematic
LL1540: like all Lundahls no Zobel required

Got it, thank you! How did you mount the Lundahl? Or did you mount the Lundhal?

Do you have a photo of your completed D-AOC? Or was it posted earlier?

You can find links to loads of photos of finished D-AOCs in the first post.
I don't have build one with Lundahls, however, others did:
https://groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=26585.msg633925#msg633925

Really struggling to find the c4/2 for this project unfortunately. Thinking about droping the kubi mod 4 vactrols and just using two. It's possible to use two c4 instead of a c4/2. Thinking about a pcb with the c4 vactrols and extra slope leds, possibly mounted to the rotary switch for changing the slope.

Any risk of increased noise from running wires from the main board to this proposed vactrol board?

Finished my unit yesterday. Ok almost  ;D
After some debugging on the input transformers and bypass boards i have signal coming thru.

Some Pix
20170126_210145_zpsqfburgva.jpg

20170203_080154_zps1hcl80qo.jpg

20170203_080114_zpsobvqew2h.jpg

Quick question! How do i wire the power for the relays on the hardware bypass pcbs? which is positive and which negative? You can see that the connections are on the right side and labeled 1,2 here on [silent:arts] picture here:
HWBP36.gif

Thanks for clearing this up for me!
/j

Its working! now I just need to make the frontpanel :) Where do you guys go for cheaper than schaeffer panels in europe (if possible)?

(also should move the fuse holder to the backpanel, I just totally forgot to drill that hole when I had access to a drillpress.)

cheers!
/j

Latest posts

Back