distributed capacitance of an inductor

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is the winding structure?

its quadratic, the number of layers gets squared.

put in a denominator with a 1 on top, that is your leakage C.

1/Layers^2.

Jimmy Nolan use one layer.''Bobby Seal and Huet Newton used two layers.

Sly used three layers.

Different turns, for different beats.
Hip Hop transformers, well, thats a whole different trip, especially in the automobile trunk what say>?

i think im a homo.

hey.nybody like Mr Jone by counting?

C a m Dmn G sha nana na naa ha nah nah

its not about hgis schlong.

[quote author="ioaudio"]rdh4 page 220 in "winding capacitance" has formulas and explanations.

aade filter design might probably work for calculations.

-max[/quote]
Thanks, that's a good discussion (after Crowhurst I see). Still would be nice to find a specific program to plug wire size and typical insulation thickness into, but I'll find out empirically soon enough.

experiment.

too many formulas to F with, so the bench is always quicker than the slide rule when it comes to magnetics.

You will be limited by the winding equipment, like a V76 innie would be a total PITA on a hand held machine.

Amidon didn't ship yesterday but the somewhat English-challenged albeit nice woman on the phone said they would go out today or at the latest Monday. The good news is they combined two consecutive orders and wisely selected UPS Ground for both, which will most likely arrive as quickly as UPS Blue, since they are fairly close to me.

I know the suckers will work, the question is just how well. I may have to sectionalize the winding to reduce Cdistrib. I'll be happy if self-res f is around 50kHz or above for a 0.95H inductor or thereabouts. I'm hoping that a current swing of a mA or so out of a standing I of a few mA has less than 0.01% distortion.

Back