Searching for flash sync plug (photography)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Movin

Hi,
i'm currently trying to convince my flash to work with two of my analog cameras that are only equipped with "pc"-type sockets for synchronization.
The local stores in my area do carry the appropriate cables but only in stupidly short lengts (under 0.5m) with really cheap plastic plugs. I realized that I've never seen that type of plug (a 3mm coaxial type, for those of you who are not that familiar with photography) in an individual package to solder your own cables. I'm curious whether someone here knows where I could get that plugs or if they are simply known under a more common name by the rest of the electronic world.

Movin

Never seen the Prontor plug by itself but anywhere that sells studio strobe equipment will have long ready-made cables. Problem is that the opposite end often has some non-standard plug that fits a particular manufacturer's strobe or just goes PC male to PC female. Seems as though you have the other end sorted, so just find a long cable and chop off the other end. Here's a link to a B&H page. Hope that helps...

CJ!

At the same time, does anyone know how to force XP to display Olympus Raw (ORF) thumbnails? As far as I can see, apart from the Olympus software only the latest version of Photoshop with the appropriate Olympus codec will allow viewing of thumbnails.

[quote author="CJ"]i suck black schlong.[/quote]

At least now we know what you did with your time off.

Back