Les Paul wiring...

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drpat

Has anybody wired up a Les Paul like this?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350030713672&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123

I'm thinking about doing this to the Les Paul that I use for studio work. Is it worth the trouble?

Peter Green mod is tops for thin lizzy.

do you have a thin lixzzy?

give me the 217 otherwise you aint gettin shit, ghetto boy,...

jerk chicken at tower

remember, nobody, absolutley nobody has a hS 29 that has never been soldered.

priceless.

think long and hard.

i have taken apart he coil , and it is the best piece of windinding i have ever seen.

The deal is still on with my end, so "bring it on" you fume breathing iron slut! Here's a little teaser in case you forgot what one looks like...

CJ217%7E0.jpg

I'm ready to slap my Pultec clone together, and you hold the last piece of the puzzle...

Patrick,
Yes, definatley worth the mod....the tonal possibilties are numerous and of course you can play with stock LP sounds too. CJ, I don't think this is the quite the Peter Green mod...correct me if I'm wrong , but this will flip phase electrically and the PG mod was done by flipping the magnet, while both are similar, they don't sound exactly the same....thinner and more nasaly when electrically out of phase.
Freddy

I just bought a '69 ES-340 which has a phase reverse switch on it. Awesome tonal possibilities, much better than just the normal coil tap. Unfortunately the guitar was way overpriced for it's condition so it's on its way back to Chicago. I'm about to jump on an ES-335, and I am sure that I will miss the out of phase thing.

So what's the deal with Peter Green anyway? There seems to be a recent PG mania happening. I've heard/read the name "Peter Green" more times in the last three months than in the previous thirty years. I was just talking about this with my wife last night, then today I saw this thread. It's sort of like waking up one day and finding that John Cipollina or Skip Spence is the all the rage.

-Chris

Thanks for the reassurance... Thinking about it, I may not even be able to do this without changing the pickups. My studio axe has the older style of pickups that only have two wires :? I'll have to open my custom shop Les Paul and see if I can rewire that instead...

CJ,

I'm in the mood for some toxic fumes... let's get this over with, so I can stop these recurring nightmares of copper wire crawling all over me like worms!

Since Gary Moore sold his " famous " PG Les Paul all [ some ]
things PG have new life
i thought it was merely one p/u reverse polarity to the other
as i don't imagine they had 4 conductor p/us in thoses days

Greg,
The pickup is reverse polarity magnetically, not electrically....you have to open up the neck pickup and flip the magnet around.
Freddy :sam:

Latest posts

Back