pcb layout q for summing mixer modules

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daArry

Hey...

I'm doin some chan brds for a line mixer (based on NYDs design(s)) and i'm just wondering...

Based on that buttamxr.gif those 2 10K's after the panpot are the summing resistors right? Is it okay to place these on each sep chan brd (where each panpot would be), or would it be better to have them on the same brd the gain stage would be on?

Also, i'll be goin for 16 chans of that buttamxr panpot implementation (plenty 10K lins to spare) - would that effect the panpot resistors as shown on the schem?

Thanks.

[quote author="daArry"]Also, i'll be goin for 16 chans of that buttamxr panpot implementation (plenty 10K lins to spare) - would that effect the panpot resistors as shown on the schem?[/quote]

Since it's an active summing stage, no. The value of the summing resistors will be the same regardless of the number of channels. You don't need to use that R= (N-1/N+1)Z formula except for passive mixing.

thanks fella - picture getting clearer all the time :) I wont be using that transistor buffer wotsit placed there tho, that 2SK is hard one to track down. Instead, I thought i'd leave a socket (doa pinout) so I can use either a discreet or IC o/p for the input buffer...

just etched a test pcb today - gonna end up bein a 2 deck pcb approach (width n depth less than that of a pack of 20 b&h) with mute/insert/2 sends pre/post and pan on level one and vol and the 2 sends level controls on level 2...all i/o will be routed to screw type terminal blocks runnin along the back of the pcb from top to bottom...so adding chans should be easy done :)

nice

Back