Cables

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gus

http://consumerist.com/362926/do-coat-hangers-sound-as-good-monster-cables

actually, i am not a bit suprised, an old welders trick was to use coat hangers for welding rod, turns out, it is very low in carbon, it has to flex, thats why auto body guys have more troble nowdays, high arbon shit from japan, cant pond or weld it, replace the whole panel with a cheap chinese copy, hope the paint sticks what was the question...

Of course, it's obvious. Which one wins in a street fight? The coat hanger for sure.

I always say 'sure you're shiny new tiny equipment knows lots of tricks, but my garnormous 10RU 70 lb antique limiter will crush it and you to death in an instant when it falls on you'.

And THAT is the root of all good audio.

[quote author="CJ"]actually, i am not a bit suprised, an old welders trick was to use coat hangers for welding rod, turns out, it is very low in carbon, it has to flex, thats why auto body guys have more troble nowdays, high arbon shit from japan, cant pond or weld it, replace the whole panel with a cheap Chinese copy, hope the paint sticks what was the question...[/quote]

Not your CJ; but read gearslutz.com (or whatever) if you can stand the pandemonium.

Cable, studio, and other use of copper is or was a huge profit making industry as you well may know. Lavry tried to discredit it and he was ostracised from his own forum on an "in the know pro audio forum". So he began his own forum after all the threatening emitted behind scenes and from raptor sales reps.

Seemed their sales strategies were not syncing with engineering facts.

I don't know for sure... personally taken apart many Monster cables to solder my taste in connectors. 8 years ago they seemed to make a huge diff in quality and level compared to your standard audio cable.

I've ripped apart both. Monster is easier to solder has what seems like quality cores, but to what end in the markup? I cannot say. I practice no scientific method. Now I buy spools of wire and connectors.
Totally unscientific... but I am not Nichola Tesla (my only hero).

I just need a sound that is clear sometimes, and to be colored by gear built from the gracious members of the forum. I in no way want :the sound: or mastering of modern rock, but will entertain other gigs.

I don't know even the basics of sound engineering compared to some of you; but I hold you in reverence... and try to learn.

Someday may even post samples of the results. : ))

-J

[quote author="indigom"]
Seemed their sales strategies were not syncing with engineering facts.
-J[/quote]

I hope this isn't news to anyone here.

Latest posts

Back