How Many People Here Love Eddie F#@kin Van Halen?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess it’s something that a lot of people will not admit.

Just kidding :grin:

CJ, you´re on crack again. Good to see that. Everythings´s again like it has been before. :green:

btw Eddie rocks when......he´s able to play the show

CJ - I went to see VH on their first UK tour, I was 17 and they supported
Sabbath at the Manchester Apollo.
They totally BLEW the whole audience away !
Eddie was on fire and I hadn't heard anything like it since Hendrix :green:
Eruption .... well excuse me, but that's one of the most fantastic pieces of
guitar acrobatics EVER and spawned a whole generation of "tapping" !

Three shows later, VH were "booted off" the Sabbath tour - they were THAT
good !!

Love him, remember that this was 1979 and things have changed some since.
Eddie is a "one off" and a VERY talented musician, both on guitar & piano.

MM.

[quote author="CJ"]
he is offficially listed as #2 , behind hendrix, who is dead, that means, eddie fucking van halen , to all you ingorant selfish asshole who just want a "what have you done for me lateley, justin timberlake?" idiots, do not have a clue.

Eddie Van Halen is currently, the best elecric guitarist in the fucking world.

Does anybody want to dispute this?

Let them step forward.[/quote]

There's only ONE guitarist alive who should be allowed to play longer solos than lets say ten seconds (that's the time it takes for my old lady to have her first orgasms)...
and that's NEIL YOUNG... Eddie who ??

:wink: :guinness:

Hey, Eddy is just one of the 10 best rock'n'roll guitarist ever :cool:

He just fucking grooves, he's got A sound nobody else got !

He's a wonderful musician period

...and sorry but the first album of VH is one pearl !

......maybe I'm oldfashioned....I don't care !

still love this band alot after all these years.

No denying what he started , not many players these days that have
their own sound & feel , i think those days are gone , but
I'm a little pissed that he NEVER calls me back , who does he think he is?

btw this thread should move to the brewery ?

Oh forgot to mention that you ignore the OBVIOUS fact
Michael Schenker's guitar IS bigger than Eddie's
and he is earlier in the evolution of rock gtr [ in my top 5 ]

He was good in his prime.

Jeff beck wipes the floor with him...and i think even HE will admit that. :twisted:

[quote author="rob_gould"]EVH rocks, though much less now than he used to IMVHO :wink:[/quote]

"IMVHO" ... -"In My Van Halen Opinion"

:green:

CJ... get bask on yer meds, mate! :wink:

Keef

Yep, Eddie is the man :cool:
i'd pretty much have to say he is my all time fav....better than hendrix even :green:
My wife and I used to have this argument all the time about who was better....Eddie or Steve Vai. She doesn't get Eddie :roll: she thinks what he plays (solo wise) doesn't make musical sense...that's it's all pointless noodling :shock: '
She likes Vai better probably because she's a classically trained pianist and Vai follows the rules more than Eddie. But that's why I love him....he's got a fluidity, a kind of rubbery texture in what he plays.
Here's an old photo of my wife and I with VH when they first got Sammy...88 or 9 I think.
I'm on the left (oh the hair! and the shorts!) and my wife is poking her head in between Eddie and Sammy.

http://www.box.net/shared/c6w8kg1gkc

Ahhhh. just dug out 1984 on vinyl.....top jimmy---he's the king!

Freddy :sam:

Yeah, I gotta say, Eddie VH live was awesome. He said in an interview how his influence was always Clapton, but his style was more like Jimmy Page, the "reckless abandon" thing. And while I like Neil Young, as far as guitar players, wouldn't even make the first 200. Actually, when I think of annoying guitar, Neil Young is first, (for rockin in the free world, also known as Cat strangling) I like the guitar on heart of gold, but that's about it.

In no particular order, Hendrix, Page, Clapton, Beck, Gilmour, Django, Robert Johnson, Angus Young, Eric Johnson, Gary Moore, Satriani, Vai, Eddie Van Halen, George Harrison, Brian May, Tom Scholz, Tommy Shaw, Nugent, Link Wray, Brian Setzer, Eddie Cochran, Nuno Bettencourt, Slash, Ritchie Blackmore, Zappa, Tony Iommi, Roy Buchanan, Al Dimeola, SRV, Buddy Guy, Robert Cray, Randy Rhodes, Pete Townsend, Robin Trower, Jeff Healey, George Thorogood, Joe Walsh, Carl Perkins, Jerry Garcia, Ritchie Kotzen, Peter Green, Joe Perry, George Lynch, Keith Richards, Paul Kossof, BB King, Freddie King, Vernon Reid, Eric Gales, GE Smith, Warren DeMartini, John McLaughlin, Billy Gibbons, Steve Clark, Buddy Holly, Scotty Moore, Ry Cooder, Chet Atkins, Les Paul, Sonny Landreth, Roy Clark, Vito Bratta, Yngwie, Paul Gilbert, Phil Collen, Ace Frehley, Rory Block, Steve Gaines, Gary Rossington, Charlie Christian, Duane Eddy, Chuck Berry, Robert Fripp, Andy Summers, Ritchie Sambora, Duane Allman, Dickie Betts, Zakk Wylde, Alvin Lee, Steve Stevens, Steve Cropper, Prince, Leslie West, Frampton, Jake E. Lee, Pat Travers, Jeff Watson, Mick Mars, Don Felder, John Fogerty, Lindsey Buckingham, Bo Diddley, Bonny Rait, Kirk Hammett, Mark Knopfler, Rick Derringer, Jeff Sykes, Uli Roth, Neil Giraldo, Robin Zander. I think that's my first 100 off the top of my head, probably forgetting someone and probably mis-spelled some names, but oh, well! (Oh, and Elliot Easton.) :sam: :cool:

EVH is great. For me its drop dead legs. Although I would like to hear his sound evolve a bit. By that I mean his guitar tones.

Freddy, If thats your wife on the right tween eddie and sammy, whos the gal you have your arm around?

Latest posts

Back