pushbutton switches - what models are these??

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

machineintel

What brand/models are the pushbutton switches that have a round,clear casing, and when depressed, a little "eyeball" opens up inside them to reveal a color.

Hah. That's a pretty childish description I suppose. I can't find a picture of the switches by themselves though. They were pretty popular once upon a time. Sony/MCI decks used them a LOT, as did much other gear. Brent Averill uses them on a lot of his stuff.

Like this?
9419a.jpg

I think the name is ITT shadow
They're available at a french site but not cheap:
http://www.selectronic.fr/article.asp?article_ref_entier=80.9419-9999

It's not the switches that you're looking for, it's the switch "caps" that you're looking for.

TH201-BLU.jpg

http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?Detail?name=EG2633-ND

You can put them on any manufacturer's switch of that style...

those are definitely the ones I was looking for. Thanks.

Do you know if it's possible to use a panel-mount switch with these?

I can't tell if that's what's going on in the switch that keefaz posted, or if that's an entirely different design...

The ITT Schadow is the switch.

The 'winkie' is the cap.

The bit that Keefas posted is the cap, together with the switch, and ... -LUCKY YOU... the panel mount adaptor.

With the panel mount adaptor, the circle is the visible bit, the ridged 'nut' goes behind the panel... the the switch lives at the back, and the winkie sticks through it all.

Keith

Dear Holger,
its

www.buerklin.de
Art.-Nr.: 15G434 & 15G435

You may have problems to be able to get them, because I am not sure if they are sending their stuff to non comercial buyers. You have to try
But it is relatively near to my working place and they are having a "Warenausgabe" were everyone can buy personaly.
If you need something please inform me and I will go there.
They are having red and green colors.

[quote author="DerEber"]Dear Holger,
its

www.buerklin.de
Art.-Nr.: 15G434 & 15G435

But it is relatively near to my working place and they are having a "Warenausgabe" were everyone can buy personaly.
If you need something please inform me and I will go there.
.[/quote]
That's a real nice offer I really appreciate. Maybe I am going to send you a PM. Thanks in advance...Vielen Dank im voraus...

@Roger: Thanks for the additional information, despite of the sexy euro-dollar rate I, for what reason ever, prefer to buy in Germany (while writing this sentence I am absolutely unsure why I wrote it, Mouser charges a 25 $ flat rate for shipping to Europe,thats 18€...)

Holger,

maybe SA 400 GN etc. from Reichelt are what what you need?
SA200GR.jpg

They have limited color choices, but at least one doesn't need a Zauberschein to buy from them...
HTH
;Matthias

Latest posts

Back