Power supply for Trident Fleximix channel strip

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nowhereman

Hello, Michael here, a newbie to this forum and in need of a bit of help with my first rack job.

I just purchased a channel strip from a Trident Fleximix console that I am going to build an enclosure for. Does anyone have a schematic or a source for the proper power supply. I have seen some posts that say the rails require 15v some that say 18v. Anyone have any thoughts or experiece racking these strips. Any help is greatly appreciated and this is an amazing forum, seeing the depth and breadth of what folks around the world are doing.

Thanks in advance

Michael
Broken Arrow Studio
Austin, TX

Michael,

Did you succeed in procuring a power supply for your Trident Flexi-Mix channel strip?  I have two that I need the same for. What did you end up with?

After years of pursuing the daunting task of powering these two Fleximix strips (unrelated to Nowhereman's same endeavor) I am very close to getting the correct info. So far from studying units, schematics and following advice from others, it appears I need a dual power supply providing both +16v and -16v power. Confirming the current requirement (possibly as little as 250ma, definitely no more than 1a) and the connection points.

Once successful, will share on this thread and directly with anyone interested.

http://www.studiomanuals.com/search?manufacturer=trident

It ran off 40ish volts, which was then split on each channel to give +/-16V and was also used for phantom power. You could strap a +/-16V PSU into there easily though, just be carefull with the different grounds.

Latest posts

Back