IEC to wallwart adapter box help...

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

asm

confusing title i know. i'm trying to find if anyone makes a box that will take a single wall power in, and have multipe DC outs to power keyboards.

needing this to eliminate those cluttering wallwarts i have on stage. our live keyboardist has about 4-5 keyboards and you can imagine how much of a PITA it is to hide these things. would be nice to just have one small box and i could power the whole rig cleanly.

i suspect the guitar pedalboard guy's might make something, but havent found anything yet.

thanks for any help.
taylor

He has 5 keyboards that all have DC power inputs?

Shouldn't be too hard to DIY a solution (especially if the DC voltages can be the same). But if you just want to buy one and be over with it, check out:

http://www.mpathx.com/products.php

I don't think these are cheep however.

-Chris

I designed a product years ago that was a single rack space with lights in the front to illuminate other units in the rack and a decent sized transformer with 6 completely isolated low voltage secondaries to replace 6 wall warts.

Everybody loved the product but nobody was willing to pay what it costs so it died in the marketplace pretty quickly.

Best play IMO is to get an outlet strip and attach velcro hold down straps, or maybe even plastic cable ties,

Distributing DC power is simpler as long as you can deal with ground loops, AC power is complicated by various rectification techniques.

A solid state mimic of floating windings could be done, especially for a one off application where you know the products you want to power, but this is not a viable commercial product, in my experience.

JR

This might be a product whose time has come John. I think the isolation part is critical---nothing like just a handful of picofarads between you and the mains.

Maybe a traveling version as an alternative to a rack mount would make sense too.

Maybe something like an auto-sense circuit to prevent a.c. going to a d.c. destination and vice versa? I have a war story about a multimedia system issue there I'll relate someday.

Back