1176 for the newbies

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pucho812

Hey guys here is something that might interest you.
url]http://www.tangible-technology.com[[/url]
Eddie Ciletti,studio tech, is doing 1176 kits. For $100.00 U.S. The kits come with all the PCB's, directions, and a parts list. He is also doing a deal with sowter on the output transformers and can get them at half off or at least that was my understanding from his e-mail. MIght have to check on that one.

Funny,
I made reference to this a while ago and also pointed out that he had a BA283 driver board
but
no-one seemed interested :roll:

I did email Eddie to show my interest in these boards and this type of modular project.
No answer yet.

I guess it could be said that this is not really an 1176 as it has a Neve input and Neve ouput stage. A couple of others here chose to use the Neve output as well.
The trafo is available from Sowter so it made things seem easier

The power supply and the output driver and the input FET can all be used seperately to enhance your DIY projects or be used to start a completely new idea.

[quote author="pucho812"] I had contacted Eddie and just recently recieved an e-mail saying it was ready.[/quote]

READY !! ... :shock:

why didn't I get an email ..... boo-hoo :cry:

Hey Kev,

I heard that Ed took a job teaching at his local college (here, I think.) If so, he is probably up to his ears!

I sent him an email with a link to this thread and hopefully he'll be along soon to give us some more info. I missed your flag on this myself. And I had been trolling on Ed's site recently and missed this!

HTH!
Charlie

Kev!

My good brother! I was soo oo happy when you emailed me that I responded twice but your mail bounced back. Then I was very sad ;-( Please, please, please email me again and check your virus software in the event that it thinks mail from me is tainted!

Yes, I am alive and as stated, started my first day today at www.iprschool.com teaching... It is a huge responsibility, but it looks to be fun. The school is buying our class a scope and some proto-boards, soldering iron and a few basic tools. I think we'll take a class trip to the local surplus house for parts.

I am in the midst of writing a series on amplification, starting with one tube and one transistor. This may or may not make it into my December MIX column but it will be online before year's end. Also, Groove Tubes and EHX gave me a bunch of tubes and some amplifiers to check out and these will be detailed in part two of the series on power tubes (part-1 will cover preamp tubes).

Scott Liebers and I are taking orders for the 1176 kit, in fact, he just sent me a parts list and some details about us providing FETs and low-leakage diodes for $5 extra -- since it would be easier for us to buy the parts in bulk and sell them as a set rather than force some DIY'ers to make the minimum order required by some parts houses.

and now I gotta wade through today's junk mail.

woof to y'alls!

Eddie ....

:shock:

I guess that's who I think it is !!

What ever it is you are up to ... I'm in.
Even if it does cost cost me a few extra bucks cos I'm down under.

Even the email problems won't stop as we can use the PMs here if you like.

we must talk about the FET comp and also some Mic-pre options with the the BA283/1272 drive board you have.

later
:thumb:

Hi Eddie

I read your latest articles.
Do you remember at the old forum it was a discussion about the Trident compressor. Did you know that the new ATC2 has the same comp circuit?
Read here:
http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=812&highlight=trident

chrissugar

Funny you should mention the new and original versions. Fletcher at Mercenary had to tried to get docs for me from "the source" but that didn't pan out. Eventually a friend made copies for me -- it was just a great coincidence when the topic appearedhere online with pix and prints.

I did many mods to the trident comp -- replaced many of the trimpots with multi-turn pots as well as changing a few resistors to "center" the adjustments -- the pots allowed too much tweaking in areas that did no good. After all the work I did, there were still things I wanted to tweak, like the range of attack and release settings. I kept feeling the original version has the potential to be more versatile, but what it does, sounds pretty good.

The unit I tweaked was for Bryce Goggin and he seems to love it (he keeps sending me more stuff).

dr woof

Oh Kind Doctor of Woof-ology:

[quote author="eddieaudio"]just me and the geek cowboys...[/quote] Okay, Ed, we've already had this discussion here and gone thru the dictionary definitions...

Its okay to be a nerd, but geek is something you don't want to be. I'd have to do a search to find the thread....I think it was when Scenaria took delivery of his Audio Precision.

Peace!
Charlie

Latest posts

Back