Check out this perpetual motion machine:

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is a purported comment from the inventor. (We can't be sure this comment was posted by the inventor, but it seems likely to me.)

Response from the inventor

This patented invention has nothing to do with the myth of perpetual motion as it is intended to harness nature in a far more efficient way than has been done before. The basis of this is to eliminate the characteristic of current day generators which slow down under load, therefore possibly harnessing more electricity from magnetism by being more efficient. The present prototype demonstrates the principle, and the next two years of development hopes to first improve all electrical generators large and small. We may also be able to improve the efficiency far enough to produce a net output of electricity by harnessing far more powerful magnets. Go to nullgrav.com for more information.

— Richard Rogala, UP
This tells more than the "more info" website tells.

The patent cited issued this month, and is apparently not yet on Google Patents. Rogala does have an Application in GP which covers improvements to alternators, but does not Claim any specific degree of improvement (patents generally don't). A man of the same name has an older patent, assigned to a large company, for a way to put computers together (dull stuff which just might make a penny more profit per PC, or be used to hammer a competitor).

Note: "eliminate the characteristic of current day generators which slow down under load".

At first glance, EVERYthing slows down under load. Horses, electrons, sled-dogs, blenders. I won't try to abstract a Universal Law from these observations, but others have. I just note that he is fighting "common sense", which is sometimes wrong, but often right.

"improve all electrical generators large and small"

"Improve" is a reasonable hope; but many wise men and hoards of workers have been at the task for a century, and modern generators are pretty darn efficient.

"improve the efficiency far enough to produce a net output of electricity"

If you have a small gen giving 70% efficiency, you can probably improve it to 80% easily. Some stuff like friction scales-down with size, and large machines do over 90%. But from 90% to 95% is tough, and it keeps getting tougher. The curve of efficiency appears to never reach 100%.

Maybe we "just have to try a little harder". If we can get to 99.9%, and just get 0.2% more, we get 100.1% efficiency. Then we have "Free Power" (although a 100.1% efficient system would require a massive machine to yield small power, and the finance charges could be more than the power is worth).

Brain-strainers have poked this problem. Obviously it would be nice if a type 1 perpetual motion machine were possible. Either for free power, or to get bought-out and supressed by the coal/oil/nuke interests who buy-out all type-2 ("Zero point") PM machines. They say if any such thing could work, the universe would not be anything like what we think we see. Or if such processes did work, they would quickly turn the universe inside-out, which basically is OK but we would not be around to know it.

"This perpetual motion machine Lisa made is a joke, it just keeps going faster and faster,"
"Lisa, get in here... In this house, we obey the laws of thermodynamics!"

It is very possible Rogala has a new way to build generators. It is possible it is better than existing ways. It is remotely possible he can sell his idea to GE Siemens et al, although historically the big guy has found ways around the small inventor's puny patent (RCA re-invented everything Farnsworth did). Those are points I'd want cleared up before investing (as if I had anything to invest!). And the odds that Rogala can hit 100.1% efficiency are lower than the odds of cash in my wallet growing 100.1% every time I open it.

> 100% efficiency... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYmrQ8q0F98

Well, much more than 100%, closer to 200%. There's clearly a lot of power coming off the lamps and no way to recycle any of that output. This guy has the problem licked but good.

Even the camera guy thought it was remarkable how it did not slow down at all when the power cord in front was removed. Nor speed-up, nor burp. It's like nothing happened. It's like that front cord was not doing anything.

It takes a lot of skill to cut-in a generator that smoothly.

It usually takes a fancy regulator to hold speed variation so small that musically trained ears hear no pitch change. Small networked alternators sync to the network, but not when disconnected from the grid.

It looks like a 1,000 Watt motor turning a 3,000 Watt generator through a barely big enough V-belt. The slip in a V-belt changes with load, enough to hear. Must be some marvelous regulation in there.

...and if you think that was impressive, this guy's really got it down...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=wvRzWYCZ2e0&feature=related

>>This has no relation to the myth of perpetual motion since the source of the power is the naturally occurring phenomenon of magnetism. This power has always been hidden in magnetism, but conventional methods of generating could not tap it fully.

That's from his website. What's he talking about here? Sounds like BS to me.

Here's a link to his recently issued patent (on the USPTO gov site). This site has a terrible interface when it comes to drawings/pictures and basically anything non-textual, but it is up-to-date.

I haven't read it yet, but thought a link would be useful to all who are curious.

[quote author="living sounds"]http://www.amazon.com/Fuel-Extraordinary-Richard-Rogala-Ph-D/dp/1420811541

This seems to be someone else though, the middle initial is different. :)[/quote]

I think that's him. He's supposed to be a respected figure around here.

I've just soooooooooo many of these 'free energy' and 'overunity' scams concerning engines and generators.

I realize that the rising petrol prices are causing a natural exploration of alternative energies, but they are also creating this fear in people, a fear that some have exploited.

Most of these people are more than willing to accept 'donations,' but seem to never have a 100% working prototype anywhere.

Here's what I believe is happening:

They are using a generator in which there is an advancing EMF opposed to each collapsing EMF, thereby supposedly never having any losses! You have to run it on a capacitor or battery bank; the losses which were formerly associated with back EMF in these cases are used to charge a secondary bank of batteries or caps. I can see the drive for efficiency and that's encouraging, but: No Losses?

Go ahead and google "Overunity"

:roll:

Here's a linkup to one of many fine examples found via web:

http://www.theverylastpageoftheinternet.com/research/replicate/photos/MULLER.gif

taken from this page:

http://www.theverylastpageoftheinternet.com/research/replicate/understanding.htm

Can't forget the PESWiki:

http://peswiki.com/energy/Directory:Electromagnetic

Latest posts

Back