Three days in the belly of the beast-SXSW

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mbira

I'm pretty beat righ tnow, so I'm not going to go too far in details, but man this "industry" can be tiring, eh? It's really a trip now seeing all the things that I don't even know shit about. Looks like I need:
an agrigator
a label
a manager
a booker

And it looks like it's damn near imposible to DIY this stuff. THey just laugh at the idea...
I did get some free months of service for some products I use, and CD Baby set up our new CD without makin me pay the $35. That was pretty sweet...

oh yeah, I gotta keep playing music and having a good time at it as well.

Some good Australian bands here.

Saw the girl who did the songs in Juno-she rocks-and totally against the system.
Also Foot Patrol-hell yeah, Richard they are awesome! In fact I'd say that the austin bands I've seen this weekend have for the most part wiped up the floor with a lot of the other shit I've been having to hear.

Check out The Blow-she's a trip.
OK going to bed.
Joel

OH yeah, for you guys in the area-we'll be doing our Showcase at Copa on Saturday night at 11PM. It'd be good to see you if you can make it out.
:guinness:

I played a pair of shows for the first time in 2 years. I had a grand time.
02.jpg

That's the electric door spring. I'm the douche playing it. It's a DIY bass instrument that's...... well.... an electric door spring. We also used DIY amplifiers. I want to be completely DIY (drums guitars, mics -n- all) within a year or so.

These pix are from the Swastikittens 2nd show. We had 4 rehearsals and 2 shows. The band is sorta from all over (Austin, San Antonio, & Los Angeles) so I don't know when or if we'll play again. Them youngsters are so cool to have learned all the songs ahead of time, not to mention putting up with a crotchety old fart like me. I'm 10 to 20 years older than the rest of the group. It was a ton of fun. I'd forgotten how much fun playing can be. I'm feeling pretty good about the whole thang. Maybe I won't wait 2 years to do it again.

03.jpg

[quote author="Mbira"] ... Some good Australian bands here. ... [/quote]
:thumb:

ozi ozi ozi
oi oi oi

:cool: :green:

sorry
a little explosion of patriotism there

Latest posts

Back