RIP Arthur C. Clarke

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What can you say about Arthur C Clarke? When I heard the news a couple of hours back, I was in my workshop. I couldn't work for about half an hour...devastated. 90 is a good innings, but I feel pretty sad because his passing truly is the end of an era... I doubt he would've wanted anyone to mourn his passing - I seem to remember he wanted to have his ashes scattered in space - I wonder if NASA will grant him this wish?

No film has ever had the impact upon me in the same way that 2001 did. I’m not one of these ‘favourite film / song people’, but if I were pushed, it would be 2001. I first saw it aged 9, with no idea of how important a film it was. It blew my mind, as well as making me take an interest in classical music. 2001 and 2010 were about the only books I read at junior school of my own accord. I read both several times – they opened a whole new world to me…

A true visionary indeed :guinness:

Justin

[quote author="mediatechnology"]David Bowman's journey was not unlike my Father's. I used that story to convey to the audience all of our journeys through the circle of life.

[...]

We are all Dave Bowman.
[/quote]

And much more, as he who was known as Dave Bowman acknowledges, as he briefly manifests a visage, to warn them of their particular and immediate peril, in 2010 :cool:

Back