Can any1 identify these test equip + other kit

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gary o

Got given these old meters & I think a transistor tester....are they any good to use these days ..Iv read the good old meters are better...
heres large pic

Next is Wavemeter MK 2, I just read about what it does...question is theres what looks like a transformer connected to the l>R.phones socket....Im wndering if any use for audio, I got a very similar tran out of old EMI tape recorder that is useful, on the tran it says type 208...

here a pic of transformer

Now we have something made by Marconi my pic shows the back on the front is just the speaker grill....anyone know what this is for ..looks like i could get a few volts out of it

heres pic

Got a 100 of these...thought they were capacitors at first...3 terminals tho .. R5156 & 82IV ? Are they relays ?

heres a pic

I do a lot of DIY valve mic pres & compressors was wondering if I could use this kit or parts of it for my DIY.

Thanks for looking

[quote author="gary o"]Does it matter[/quote]

It does indeed make it more difficult to view the pictures, especially for people with smaller monitors/resolutions. But that fact can be stated more politely than how it was done above, imo.

Most image hosting sites will auto-size them for you, you should try that. Try http://imageshack.us/.

:thumb:

Thankyou......it comes up fine on my not fantastic PC & monitor & I assumed it was as easy for anybody...il see if I can resize the images
thanks once again.

It matters if you want answers instead of complaints.

The first box looks like a transistor curve tracer.. It needs to get hooked up to an oscilloscope to work.

One passive meter (VOM) and another that may use active gain inside (VTVM).

The Marconi may be a radio or part of one?

I'm getting dizzy from close up photography so I have no idea about that last one.

JR

> The first box looks like a transistor curve tracer..

I believe it just measures Icbo and Beta. Except Beta should be a number over 1.
And it is a 1mA movement, if it reads Icbo to 0.1uA (or 10uA?) then it must
have an amplifier inside, and probably a battery.

University SuperMeter is clearly a VTVM. It has DC+ and DC-, it says
"electronic voltmeter", it will read (scroll scroll scroll scroll...)
100Meg which is high for a passive ohm meter but low for a Megger.

Picture 3 I see a bolt as big as my hand, a hose as big as my wrist.

Pic 4 is perfectly well documented, I dunno what the question is.

The green boxes, I can see that it does not say "82KV".

Huh. What's really interesting, you click on the pictures,
you get jumped to the image-hosting site and there the pics
ARE re-sized so as I can see them.
I think he grabbed the FULL-size link when the
Thumbnail-size link would have been more appropriate.

Have edited pics now...yes I posted links to original pics first as last time I tried it seemed to be the only way it worked, as i said pics come up as easy as pie on my not that up to date PC...thought would be the same on others computers...sorry i thought I was makin it easyer to see.

I also posted wrong pic of the wavemeter...

Hi PRR, the question about the wavemeter was is the what seems to be a transformer as shown in new pic any good for audio ?....or anything.

As for the little green things ...the pics I posted show R5156 82iV on them I have more of whatever they with 82KV on them .....Sorry for confusion there.

Thanks for reading

Back