To Those Who.....

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

analag

Let's pour some liquor to the missing members of the forum. Maybe pour some more to the missing ones who contributed much to the success of this here forum.

I salute you, and may whatever you're doing now grant you as much fullfillment as what you got from being here with us DIYers.

analag

I'll drink to that, (but I am Irish so I'll drink to anything! :green: ).

In reality most of the really good information and real learning comes from a small portion of the membership. That said it's fun watching some of the "junior" members grow and be in a position to offer advice to the newbies. I spent a few hours last night searching through old posts by PRR and as Alk once said it's like being beaten with the learning club every time :grin: .

You can give a man a fish with a one line answer but a few members consistently make the effort to teach a broader understanding. I for one appreciate it greatly.

I'll be getting a another beating from the learning club soon enough - your opto compressor will be my first tube build. Thanks!

Ruairi

Yes I will drink to that 2! I worked as a technician for a number of years in the past. And I pale in comparison to the people that have helped me here. But I try to soak knowledge up like a sponge. And rarely but once in a while can help others. I guess I am a junior member lol! But happy about it.
And have respect for the seasoned pros who offer so much help. And the chance for people like me to learn audio circuits. Can't thank everyone enough!!!! It almost seems crazy I can build some of the things that I have used in the past at big studios and knew I would never own.

I'm looking at my 6 pack of Eisen Api's and my G-9 and my LA2A and my 1176 right now. And have no idea how I could do anything without them and a couple mics. Never thought our studio would EVER get more than one of these.

Hey I'm 25% Irish and 75% German lol which makes me 100% American I guess...

:sam: :sam: :sam:

[quote author="analag"]Let's pour some liquor to the missing members of the forum. Maybe pour some more to the missing ones who contributed much to the success of this here forum.

I salute you, and may whatever you're doing now grant you as much fullfillment as what you got from being here with us DIYers.

analag[/quote]

cheers to them.

come on down to Hartford from the hills and have a beverage sometime!

on the other hand, I'd love to see you works of audio greatness... : )
and the B-field isn't too far away

-Jay

> pour some more to the missing ones

Kewl idea! The more kind souls we drive-away, the more drink we get!

[quote author="indigom"]come on down to Hartford from the hills and have a beverage sometime!

on the other hand, I'd love to see you works of audio greatness... : )
and the B-field isn't too far away

-Jay[/quote]

I moved to your neck of the woods, man. I got a few gems for ya.

analag

I've said it before but this place is an embarrasment of riches. I'm doing a large DIY project of which I have dreamed about for years. An A/B path vinyl mastering console. It would not be possible without this place. The Analag opto, the Pico and Igor's Sontecish, JLM Dingo. The help I got with the A/B path switching. MCS's monitor source switching. Simply not possible without this place.

Let's pour some liquor to the missing members of the forum. Maybe pour some more to the missing ones who contributed much to the success of this here forum.

I wholeheartedly agree :thumb:

I top up my glass, and pass on the good vibe also...

Steve :guinness:

Well, I don't have much to contribute except my usual smartass comments and my snotty girl attitude but if it's any solice, I've returned. I was visiting some friends in another dimension on the other side of the galaxy ( they stayed stoned and drunk though, thry get drunk on WATER, can you imagine?) and was also busy being depressed and dragging the tortured remnants of my soul through the gutters of human depravity. And cleaning the house. Just the usual stuff. I quit my job. I have a part time job in a hardware store which I love. I'm getting word of mouth business from musicians Ive met when I go out to jam parties. I have a stereo tube pre, an LA2a, an 1176D and a -10 to +4 conevresion box to build for customers, three amps to go through and repair, one to convert from 7591s to 6V6s (a Sano) and maybe a Deluxe reverb to build for someone from scratch. I'm going to make up some business cards and give them out, apparantly the only good amp tech in the city is too busy with his AV business (he's in the next block over from me ha ha) to get things done before 3 or 4 or more months.

So now I just have 2 more problems to solve before I have my groove back totally.

Kiira

Yes, to parrot Brad, glad to see you back Kiira!

Frightening, but true. Sometimes they come back..... and eat your brains.

Was talking with friends last night about getting a tattoo of my girlfriend as a zombie, or a pin-up..... or a zombie-pin-up. I guess there's a zombie-stripper movie coming out. God how I love low culture.

The longer I hang around here the more I understand why CJ relates to it as he does. It is so infuriatingly pure. The slightest hint of dissent tears the delicate fabric of our imaginary community apart.

I think what keeps me sane is something akin to what a Zen teacher called "driver seeing." It is very easy to drive around in a car and completely forget that inside those other shiny metal tanks rolling about are people. If you actually look at them and make eye contact it changes the dynamic. Sure, some will ignore you and there's no reaching them behind a cell phone, sunglasses, and a Starfucks venti latte, but give it a try. It does help you to regard other drivers as fellow human beings and not obstacles.

I love you all, present and past, living and dead. Especially the dead..... if you're zombie strippers.

Hiya Kiira! :thumb: Quess where the VU's ended up?

Virtalahde_rack_right.jpg

[quote author="pstamler"]Welcome back, Kiira! I always loved hardware stores.

Peace,
Paul[/quote]

Ha ha, it's a neighborhood store and the woman who owns it knows everything there is to know about plumbing. She's awesome. I get along with her and everyone else great... one guy is a bikey like me and I'm friends with one of her former employees. I'd rather be paid less and fairly and be treated well than be paid a little more and be taken advantage of and treated like caca.

Thanks to all for the welcome. I am kind of a periodic DIY'er because I can't do DIY and play a lot, or be depressed over personal stuff, at the same time. But I'm back into it because people are coming to me wanting to build and fix stuff and give me money. What can I say? :)

Kiira the cargo cult electrronics tech

Latest posts

Back