Generate Your Own Parking Tickets....

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ptownkid

hah, i'm gonna put some of the notices in my car.

I fucking hate, emphasis on the fucking hate....when assholes intentionally do the diagonal park across two spots. Like somehow they think that their car is so important that it needs to be protected and take extra space.

True story:

I don't condone this sort of behavior, but when I was a kid, my older brother was driving me to the mall in his rust bucket '71 Nova. We came across a luxury car that was taking up two spaces. My brother proceeded to drive into one of the half spaces along side of the car, scraping the car down it's whole length with his car. He turned to me, winked, and said, I guess there isn't enough room. We then drove to the other side of mall and parked for real. It was so wrong, but so freakin' funny. Years down the road, he later spent time in jail. :wink:

-Chris

While in college, I worked at a grocery store. We had a regular customer that used to park his Corvette across two spaces, although way out in a remote end of the lot. To add to the annoyance, he'd always insist on pushing the groceries out himself, then leave the cart way out there.

One day, he bought some stuff, checked out, loaded the car, then realized he forgot something. He walked back to the store, pushing the cart he used back for a while, then decided to leave it in the middle of the lot. (We actually watched him pushing the cart and commented with surprise that he was actually bringing it back for once.)

At that time, there were some thunderstorms rolling into the area. While he was in checkout the second time, we watched as one of the wind gusts took the cart he left in the parking lot careening at probably 20 miles per hour into the drivers side door of a certain Corvette.

Now that's karma!

The one that gets me is when people park you in , so tight that you have
no room without cranking the wheels 20 times trying to inch out and risk
hitting someone because of other inconsiderate people .

Karma , the seed of a small action which grows into a larger consquence
, can be people that keep on recieving the lesson until they " get it "
and then can move on . a different kind of stuck

A non parking one is people passing you on the hiway , and then cutting
back in front of you right away , sometimes even slowing down when
there is no one in front or behind , ????? i don't get it !

[quote author="stickjam"]While in college, I worked at a grocery store. We had a regular customer that used to park his Corvette across two spaces, although way out in a remote end of the lot. To add to the annoyance, he'd always insist on pushing the groceries out himself, then leave the cart way out there.

One day, he bought some stuff, checked out, loaded the car, then realized he forgot something. He walked back to the store, pushing the cart he used back for a while, then decided to leave it in the middle of the lot. (We actually watched him pushing the cart and commented with surprise that he was actually bringing it back for once.)

At that time, there were some thunderstorms rolling into the area. While he was in checkout the second time, we watched as one of the wind gusts took the cart he left in the parking lot careening at probably 20 miles per hour into the drivers side door of a certain Corvette.

Now that's karma![/quote]

+1... good one.

JR

I sometimes take advantage of the SUV's when they are parallel parked. If you get two hummers parked with one space in between, you can't fit much in between. Except maybe a Smart.

Red Smart is parked, the streets are full - hardly anywhere else to park. Half of the parking space empty. So what do I do? Park in the other half. When I get back to the car, the red Smart is gone, and a green one has taken its place.

[quote author="stickjam"]While in college, I worked at a grocery store. We had a regular customer that used to park his Corvette across two spaces, although way out in a remote end of the lot. To add to the annoyance, he'd always insist on pushing the groceries out himself, then leave the cart way out there.

Galatians 6:7

i never park in a single spot. its 2-4 spots for my vette.
however, i wouldnt dare do this in a busy parking lot. i do it at least 50+ ft past the LAST car in the row, where no one is.
thats a deathwish to double park up front. thats a pretty much gurantee to get keyed.

[quote author="solder_city"]a vette parked across 2 or more spots pretty much says, 'im a douchebag, key me'[/quote]

hahahahahahahaha

I think that's the first thing solder has said that I've agreed with.

[quote author="bitman"][quote author="stickjam"]

Galatians 6:7[/quote]

The oft-used paraphrase: Reap what you sow.

Every major religion has its version of karmic justice. I just wonder how leaders so intimately acquainted with these teachings can act so utterly and violently against their necessary conclusions. In other words, how does the religion teach it, but the teachers don't learn it?

Well it's not about revenge or justice , just
the seed of an action that grows ,
how you see it , may be judgment

But good does beget good and eventually
you will see it .
Karma is more so a lesson than any punishment [ who's applying it ? ]

But back to parking matters at hand , they are doing away with meters
here and phasing in ticket machines , Brilliant

Now you can't find a meter with time left in and there is nothing to mark
a spot so people jam in anywhere and the city gets more than 24hrs
worth of payment from the ticket machines

Right, justice puts a pretty negative (unintentional) connotation on the karmic bit. I was thinking that was the only way it would be understood by many. The idea of justice as direct and equal (more often escalatory) retribution is so ingrained our western minds.

Saw a t-shirt the other day said "Ninjas and pirates agree: Cowboys suck."

Hilarious. Seems like everybody wants to be a ninja or pirate today, and in their time they were considered thugs, scum, the dregs. Weird how they become revered through pop culture lens. I wanted to be a ninja from watching
Samurai Sunday, hours of horribly dubbed Hong Kong flicks. Lots of old Jackie Chan and Jet Li. So funny how the network titled the whole thing after the wrong culture. Although they did play the occasional Kurasawa movie. Amazing.

Ummm... I'm ranting. What was this about? Right, Karma. Possibly the most misunderstood concept lifted from another culture and repackaged for our consumption.

I need a drink. :twisted: :green: :guinness: :guinness: :guinness:

my neighbour, at the parking lot of my house, most of the time parks on the line.

ok, i admit, the spaces are not the biggest in the world. there's a tree on my spot, so it's smaller than any of the other spaces. it's a hassle to get out of/get in the car. every time. i guess the neighbor is big so he needs more space on the drivers side...

if i print those and stick them up to the neighbors car, will he/she know it was me? :grin:

My mate has a few of those printed out, and keeps em in his glovebox.

I'd never heard of them till the other day when we couldn't get a park at the video store (due to some idiot parking over two spots). Within seconds of finding a park, Rob wips this bit of paper out and starts ticking.

I thought it was hilarious.

Funnny how this thread popped up a few days later......

[quote author="okgb"]

A non parking one is people passing you on the hiway , and then cutting
back in front of you right away , sometimes even slowing down when
there is no one in front or behind , ????? i don't get it ![/quote]

Does this count if the slower car is sitting in the left lane and the driver is talking on the phone? "Slower traffic yield right of way" is a law I believe they should enforce over speeding. A lot of people don't even realize it IS the law. Just because you're driving the posted speed limit doesn't give you the right to sit in the left lane.

Latest posts

Back