panel graphics Library

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okgb

I try to float this idea before with out much interest ,
could be stored in the grp email account ? or meta ?

I have a couple of layouts i could contribute to start ,
other than leaving off Brand names , any reason why this
may not be a good idea ?

Admin's what do you think ?

I think it is a good idea so everyone could choose from different layouts or maybe even combine them. I would have some designs to share as well, nothing special though:
G9, GSSL, dual G1176, SlowBlow, panel for racking two Siemens V276 in 1RU and for two CADAC G226 in 2RU
emre

I have some autocad designs for a Sontec, 2-1176, GSSL, and G9 I could contribute. A handful of pedals too. They're all unique, maybe not the sexiest designs, but unique none the less.

Hey Greg,

You may want to just compile them into a META so that they're easy to get to. Or just edit your first post, and use this thread as a META. As long as we can resist the temptation to put company names or product names on them, I think this is a good idea.

[quote author="veermaster"]I think it is a good idea so everyone could choose from different layouts or maybe even combine them.[/quote]

Yes !!! I agree... :razz:

eD))

Hey Frank , that is generous and you do have an estalished , site
with open to all artwork , Shall i mail some ? and then we can link
that to the meta ?

BTW opinions on what the most popular or effective [ or just plain easy ]
program for workig on pael artwork ?

tia everyone , regards Greg

[quote author="okgb"]
BTW opinions on what the most popular or effective [ or just plain easy ]
program for workig on pael artwork ?
[/quote]

I'd be curious to know what everyone else uses and why. The only reason I use autocad is because I can create exactly what comes out the other end. Everything is 1:1.
If I were to use fireworks or photoshop I wouldn't know how to set things so dimensions were exact. For example, how do you draw a 5/16 diameter hole that is x dim from this edge and y dim from that edge in photoshop? Can it be done?

You could simply use our common email/storage: [email protected]

Look at meta-meta for access details

Make sure that you email any backup-worthy schematics to that address as well! :razz:

(On the topic of front panel design - do any of you have some "single-line" or "engraver" fonts for general use? All the ones that I've found are designed with a "fill", which makes scaling for constant-width engraving problematic. So I'm looking for fonts designed as lines, not filled objects..)

Jakob E.

Well the grp email and perhaps one or two location for visable profile & backup sounds good , most that i have are pdf or micrografx

Still soliciting opinions of what most people use for a program

[quote author="gyraf"]
(On the topic of front panel design - do any of you have some "single-line" or "engraver" fonts for general use? All the ones that I've found are designed with a "fill", which makes scaling for constant-width engraving problematic. So I'm looking for fonts designed as lines, not filled objects..)
Jakob E.[/quote]

Is that machine .dxf compatible? I know that all the die cutting, plasma, and laser vendors I have always request .dxf files to be used.

Haven't forgotten this , but i am working out of town til the 14th
Frank said he would host on his site , which i think is good so thay
are all in one place , As well as emailing them to the grp account .

Some people have nice designs they have worked hard so it WILL be good

Latest posts

Back