Tamura GA80071 wiring

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tommypiper

I got some GA80071 input transformers originally from the Yamaha PM1000, which I bought from someone here...

What's the wiring schematic / diagram for these? I can't find wire color code info in the PM1000 schematics.

I get some resistance on some wires: The yellow and white wires show some resistance with each other but no direct connection, and the blue and green wires show some resistance with each other but no direct connection. All other combinations come up dead on my meter.

Anyone know about the black and brown wires?

Here's how I understand it:

Brown -- Primary Center Tap
Green and Blue -- Primary Leads
Yellow and White -- Secondary Leads (I've seen yellow labeled "cold" and white labeled "hot.")

Black must be an internal shield, but I've can't recall ever seeing it connected in any PM1000 channel I've racked and the black lead has always been cropped short.

Cheers,
--
Don

Hello world!
I know this is an ancient thread but I'm hoping that someone out there can shed some light on this.
I'm trying to figure out the polarity of the Primary and Secondary wires from a Tamura GA80071 mic input transformer.

I don't own the proper test equipment to figure it out and I'm hoping that someone out there just, knows :)
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Latest posts

Back