this is been in my head at the moment. 500 series consoles

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pucho812

Why isn't anyone making a cost effective recording/mixing console that fits 500 series type modules. There are so many companies making 500 series type modules that fit the API racks. The API 1604 is over 50,000(us) which is too much money. So why is it no company is doing a completely build it with whatever 500 series modules you wish console? Think about it. A console with no mic pre's, eq's or compressors untill you put them in. It would be just a frame that was inline. It would have auxes, faders, a bussing network, meters and a master section. the rest would be up to whatever 500 series modules you wish to put in. Maybe it's already out there and I can't find it. Maybe I am onto something? The frame could be as big as say 96 channels. The information is out there so why hasn't this been done.

I believe Justin Morse and Jon Erickson are working on a small one and I thought Peter at Shadow Hills was doing one?

But then I thought you were friendly with them, so guess not...

Maybe Keef and Rochey can step up to it! LOL
-T

[quote author="TomWaterman"]I believe Justin Morse and Jon Eriksson are working on a small one and I thought Peter at Shadow Hills was doing one?

But then I thought you were friendly with them, so guess not...

-T[/quote]

shadow hills moved production out of los angeles some time last year. so I have lost some insider info...

but no matter I'm thinking along the lines of frames that can handle 24-96 channels... much like a neve

I think the one being worked on for Peter Montessi will be expandable.

I'd love to know if Shadow Hills are doing one... there was a lot of talk about it at one point.

-T

[quote author="TomWaterman"]
-T[/quote]

I can barely afford prototypes as it is! :shock:

[quote author="pucho812"]Why isn't anyone making a cost effective recording/mixing console that fits 500 series type modules.[/quote]

Nowbody likes to do the metal work :grin:

I'm really curious to see how this one turns out...

http://www.petesplaceaudio.com/MARK_VIII.html

581HG8N0046.jpg

Apparently they are adding busses etc
-T

[quote author="TomWaterman"]I'm really curious to see how this one turns out...

http://www.petesplaceaudio.com/MARK_VIII.html

581HG8N0046.jpg

Apparently they are adding busses etc
-T[/quote]

thats kind of the idea but add a master section, auxes ,busses, meters, faders VS pots and a third section to add a compressor module and you got something happening.

I believe that was just a prototype to get the idea across.

I find it quite frustrating that no-one wants to give any info away. It's not like it'll get ripped off tomorrow. Certain people know what it will contain or is likely to and I know they read this board.

I can understand some secrecy if you have 'invented' something but it's just console frame and we have all seen them for about 60 years... LOL

I hate manufacturer secrecy. boo

-T

[quote author="TomWaterman"]
I hate manufacturer secrecy. boo
[/quote]

Take it as a compliment, they must feel threatened! All the more reason for us to DIY

Michael

Latest posts

Back