Broken Klark Teknik DN410 EQ

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flintan

Bought a broken DN410 dual parametric eq a while ago. And now i'm trying to fix it.

Here is the manual: http://www.klarkteknik.com/downloads/manuals/DN410-manual.zip

The seller said that the problem was that the mother-card for channel 2 was taken as a spare part to fix another eq. So i was aiming for a mono unit... But turns out so was not the case. Both cards are still there and seem to be ok.

I have found, so far, that the in/out "main" switch for channel 2 had bad connection. It is a 2x6 pole push-button switch, like a twin DPDT switch. The switch seem ok, a little worn down maybe... But the pcb traces under it has fallen off a bit. Makes it loose connection and very unrelieable. The push-button switch is also fixed by the pins thru the pcb.

Anyone have a good idea as how to fix this?

One thought i had was to skip the switch and solder wires to the "in" connections. Another was to perhaps glue the switch in place and solder wires to it. But doesn't feel quite right. :?

You could get a trace repair kit anf fix the traces. that's trace metal with an adhesive backing, applied with a flat iron tip. But I wouldn't trust that without re-enforcing with glue. So why not just fix with wires and glue. I like E-6000, similar to shoe-goo or plummers goop. It's runny enough to get in there, and dries somewhat hard for a rubber cement so it doesnt vibrate as much as silicon glue. Epoxy would be good, but harder to remove if you had to.

Thanks for your thoughts. The repair kit fix might be a way, but as you say maybe not so mechanically stable..

Think I'll give it a try with some tiny wires and glue.

I found E6000 in a small hobby/jewellery store in Sweden here.. Normally when someone across the sea recommends something it's impossible to find here.

Latest posts

Back