My recent project... (pics)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[quote author="Kev"]
... , Ls/Rs/Z (Imax), ...
:?
do I know what this one is ??[/quote]
Well, Imax doesn't have a sub, but it does have six channels, so as well as the 3-channel front wall, there's also left surrouond, right surround and overhead (or "Z-axis"... otherwise known as the "Voice of God" channel!) -This is useful in Imax since the screen is so tall that events occuring at the top of the screen are best anchored by an additional playback channel at the top of the screen.

Keith

[quote author="SSLtech"]... Imax doesn't have a sub, ...(or "Z-axis"... otherwise known as the "Voice of God" channel!) [/quote]

got it ... :thumb:
voice of God

for some reason I have never noticed that Imax doesn't have the sub ... :?

For me, the eye candy always makes me forget to think about the technical details :shock:

ju

[quote author="Kev"]for some reason I have never noticed that Imax doesn't have the sub ... :?[/quote]
Imax has six full-range speakers... no specific need for an LFE channel, since LF can be generated ina more directional manner... pretty cool actually!

It's in Orlando, close enough to the major studios... :shock:

Keith

There's also a nearfield system: both the screen (plasma, motorised drop-out-of-the-way) and the speakers (L-C-R lift up with the Plasma screen, Ls and Rs lift up out of the 'credenza' outboard gear table behind the mix position) which also houses the subs. This is a preferred way to pre-listen DVD releases, so it's 5.1 only instead of multi-optioned matrix fed...

Room lighting, screen masking, speaker lifts and everthing else is under AMX control. The Computer systems are all on a Raritan K-V-M system (Keyboard, video & Mouse) so that any computer keyboard anywhere in the place can call up and control any computer... very handy!

Keith

[quote author="elco"]Lindell,

I saw that you had your 10B for sale awile back. Did you have a change of heart and decide to keep it?

Cheers,

elco[/quote] Yepp, I´m selling my baby. We´re getting a huge raise of our rent (75%) at my place. So I am taking up residence in another studio that already has a Euphonix CS-3000 with all options.
There´s no room in todays business for two mix rooms.... (atleast not in my town).
The 10B is still up for sale.... =))

[quote author="SSLtech"]It's in Orlando, close enough to the major studios...Keith[/quote]Yeah, I always sort of figured you guys were hooked into the "Disney" crowd some how.

Cool place though, even if it is Scenaria's... :wink:

Keef!

the desk isnt booting again! It had to be powered down over the weekend and hasnt been booting correctly since then... :\

I'll try and find ya later today

Latest posts

Back