Finished: SSL EQ racking, Sumthing w/ Neumann 475 (pics)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Holger

GDIY Supporter
Some finished stuff, nothing so exciting but hey...

SSL SL 542 EQs

Tried to put them in a 1 RU box, impossible (said Schaeffer/FrontpanelExpress)
542%20top.jpg

I used an enclosure from Modushop.biz
5 rail PSU is from JLM Audio. The debalancing/balancing board is my first perfboard job. I used THAT 1246/1646 ICs. Very good sounding stuff.
Yes, I make some progress regarding audio DIY  :wink:

I think me and my caliper (and surely Schaeffer) did a  good job.

542%20right.jpg

The little dents you see at the right panel border is more Modushop than me, to give you an impression of the front panel quality.

542%20rear.jpg

542%20detail.jpg

Next is (or are, because I built 2) a Sumthing with a Neumann 475 summing amp. Obvious to do it because Purusha's case has enough space for the summing amp. The little PCB is one of Joe Malone's Zener regulators that bring the 48V of the external PSU to 24 V. I linked the PSU input to another output to daisy chain the 48 V to the second unit.

sumthing%20top.jpg

Purusha finally provided the updated front panels. I did the measurement for these and I hope that someone gives some comments on the second batch here. My measurement wasn't perfect, I did my best (hopefully).

sumthing%20right.jpg

The little dent next to the channel 16 right knob was me. The knob/switch alignment is a little odd but that's DIY...

sumthing%20left.jpg

Holger said:
Whoops said:
Where did you get that metal plate separating the strips from the PSU?

Modushop.biz offers them for ~3 Euros...

Great Website,
I always have problems when trying to get rack cases in Europe.
It's nice to know a good store with affordable prices.

is this one the part you are using "Support Facade Slim Line 2U"  ?

Latest posts

Back