DIY midi-controller, front end Duende SSL

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sounden

Hi!

I have plans to build myself a midi-controller to remote my SSL Duende.
My plan would be to buy this midi-controller-kit and connect 10k lin potentiometers to it.
It can handle a total of 16 midi elements and would do the trick.

This can be found here, http://www.doepfer.de/pe.htm
Its a bit pricy I think, 75 Euro. So any other alternative would be appreciated.

I would also need SSLish knobs for the potentiometers, where can it be found ?
I´ve tride SIFAM´s site for a few days but it seems down.

Thanks
Sounden

[quote author="sounden"]So any other alternative would be appreciated.[/quote]
But does it still need to be DIY ? Nothing beats the fun of DIY of course, but w.r.t. cost & time spent you could consider a ready made and spend your DIY-time & -effort to the stuff that's passing sound (as in: where DIY love & attention will matter more for the sound).

But you'll have been considering this I assume.

[quote author="sounden"]
I would also need SSLish knobs for the potentiometers, where can it be found ?
I´ve tride SIFAM´s site for a few days but it seems down.

Thanks
Sounden[/quote]

That's Sifam alright...eventualy the site will be up I guess...

We're talking second year electronics tech school here, but...

You could use an Atmel based microcontroller's six analog to digital converters and increase the amount of inputs by adding another multiplexing chip. That would leave you with a bunch of digital switches/triggers as well.

Arduino's an open source platform with people doing stuff just like this. You could use MIDI or USB output.

But doing something like that is crazy when you could buy a $100 off the shelf unit. On top of building it you got the C++. Though many people in the community share code it's still quite a bit above your average DIY.

Latest posts

Back