Advice please.......Chinese capsules

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HiString

Guys, I have a couple of Chinese capsules purchased probably back in the TT days...................they are still in the cases they came in with the mounting posts, etc., and as I'm unlikely to be using them in the foreseeable future, I'm trying to figure out what they may be worth as I'm looking to clear out any gear that I don't need. I think I may have the G7 pcb's to go with them as well.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

ChrisO :cool:

Depends what they are. $50 max, or proably less, for standard ones. Something really nice and special order maybe $100. Depends what they are.

Before TT folded, there was a group buy of capsules organised by one of the guys (from Belgium) which is where I purchased these............they are dual diaphragm, centre terminated and I'm sure they were sourced from Soundking. They're still packed in the box I received them in but unfortunately I have no recollection of what they cost, hence my question.

Cheers :cool:

These would be the soundking capsules. I bought a couple too.

I recall they were pretty cheap / good value - I recall £20 ($40) each. They are actually not bad for the price. They are the same capsules as in the MXL2001.

Cool, thanks guys.

Zebra, I thought they were more than that but I am probably imagining things. There's no sign of them on Soundking's site these days. The current price for the mounting posts from Peluso is $15US so I just have to figure out a fair value for the capsules.

:cool:

Hmmmmm....now I'm no expert but based on clear pics of both capsules, close inspection of the S/king cap and JP's CEK-89 shows little or no visual difference, even down to the diameter of the gold spluttered area. I probably shouldn't say anymore but I've seen enough to make me cautiously doubtful about some things.

:cool:

[quote author="HiString"]Cool, thanks guys.
Zebra, I thought they were more than that but I am probably imagining things. There's no sign of them on Soundking's site these days. The current price for the mounting posts from Peluso is $15US so I just have to figure out a fair value for the capsules.
[/quote]

I guess they are worth something less than an MXL2001!

I have two of JPs CEK12s on my bench so may form an opinion over the coming months.

Back