Schematics for Calrec PQ1785 and DL-2716

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baltazar

Recently bought some good old Calrec stuff for the studio. Two PQ1785 preamp/eq and two DL-2716 compressor.
Want to rack them, but i'm not sure about the pinout.
Anyone got the schematics?

Best regards
Baltazar

EDIT: Strange hehe just found this post in the lab,
http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=27259&highlight=pq1785

Anyone knows if that might help me?

Hi

I might be in the same situation as you are....

waiting for news, I'll keep you informed if I find something.

There is still the Calrec option but:

Thank you for your enquiry.

Calrec is able to provide copies of circuit diagrams of individual units from our products, such as cards and modules. Calrec cannot guarantee we have drawings from products which have been out of production for more than ten years, but in general we have all drawings from older products. We cannot provide unit pin outs only.
We cannot guarantee to provide drawings which are specific to old mixers, ie, custom/bespoke information. Some drawings are not available for purchase, as they are restricted to protect Calrec's intellectual property. Also, we are not able to provide drawings for Calrec designs which Calrec no longer owns the rights to, such as microphones, VCS (assignable) mixer, UA8000 (music recording mixer).

Calrec can provide operational manuals for current products. We offer operational manuals and installation manuals. In some case the operational and installation manual is combined into one document. We can also provide full technical manuals for current products, which includes system diagrams, circuit diagrams, part lists, operational manuals, installation manuals and interface connection details. For most current products, Calrec is able to provide the full technical manual on CD-ROM, or as a hard copy.

The pricing is as follows:-
Individual drawings, operational manuals and installation manuals are priced at £35 for the first drawing and £20 for additional drawings on the same order.
A hard copy of a full technical manual is £300.
A CD ROM copy of a full technical manual is £60.
Where hard copies are provided an additional delivery charge may also be incurred.
All prices are in UK pounds sterling and exclude delivery, where appropriate and all taxes and duty.

When ordering a full technical manual, the mixer serial number must be advised, so we can include all drawings specific to that mixer.
Calrec cannot accept credit card payments. Payments can only be made to Calrec by cheque or bank transfer.

To place an order, please send either a purchase order with invoicing details and your requirements, or a cheque with a covering letter, stating your requirements.

If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact me

Thanks a lot, Nadege.
Yeah i emailed calrec aswell but £35...

Have some other Calrec EQs racked up and everything.
Can't remember their name, but they look very similar. I'll have a look at them...

[quote author="Nadege"]Hi

I might be in the same situation as you are....

waiting for news, I'll keep you informed if I find something.

There is still the Calrec option but:

Thank you for your enquiry.

Calrec is able to provide copies of circuit diagrams of individual units from our products, such as cards and modules. Calrec cannot guarantee we have drawings from products which have been out of production for more than ten years, but in general we have all drawings from older products. We cannot provide unit pin outs only.
We cannot guarantee to provide drawings which are specific to old mixers, ie, custom/bespoke information. Some drawings are not available for purchase, as they are restricted to protect Calrec's intellectual property. Also, we are not able to provide drawings for Calrec designs which Calrec no longer owns the rights to, such as microphones, VCS (assignable) mixer, UA8000 (music recording mixer).

Calrec can provide operational manuals for current products. We offer operational manuals and installation manuals. In some case the operational and installation manual is combined into one document. We can also provide full technical manuals for current products, which includes system diagrams, circuit diagrams, part lists, operational manuals, installation manuals and interface connection details. For most current products, Calrec is able to provide the full technical manual on CD-ROM, or as a hard copy.

The pricing is as follows:-
Individual drawings, operational manuals and installation manuals are priced at £35 for the first drawing and £20 for additional drawings on the same order.
A hard copy of a full technical manual is £300.
A CD ROM copy of a full technical manual is £60.
Where hard copies are provided an additional delivery charge may also be incurred.
All prices are in UK pounds sterling and exclude delivery, where appropriate and all taxes and duty.

When ordering a full technical manual, the mixer serial number must be advised, so we can include all drawings specific to that mixer.
Calrec cannot accept credit card payments. Payments can only be made to Calrec by cheque or bank transfer.

To place an order, please send either a purchase order with invoicing details and your requirements, or a cheque with a covering letter, stating your requirements.

If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact me[/quote]

Here is a copy & paste of something I posted earlier (like about 2 and a half years ago!!). This should solve the PQ1785 question.
I'm not familiar with the DL2716 comp, so cannot help with info.
In the text I refer to photos... goodness knows where they have gone to. When they were on the Prodigy site they showed a rack unit I have designed for the PQ modules discussed below.

Calrec PQ1253, PQ1785, PQ1895 Pin Listings & module descriptions.

Sorry it's taken so long to get back onto the forum to post this info, but the working days have been a bit extended this past couple of weeks thanks to a large console project.

Some of this may be repeating and "old-hat", but it's probably better than extracting info from several other posts and combining it and wondering if all has been taken into account.

I am not in a position to hand out Calrec circuits, so please do not ask.
Where appropriate, pinning and similar applications information that does not infringe intellectual property and/or copyright may be made available.

The 3 PQ modules listed are all from the M-Series of Calrec consoles. The PQ1253 only has a mic input stage. The other two have mic and line input stages. Module construction is on 2 PCBs; the smaller right-hand card contains the mic and line input stages, gain switching and source selection. The larger left-hand card has the input level trim, filters and EQ circuits. External connections are via DIN41612 connectors. Only the A-row of each connector is populated.

The pinning is as follows, blank pins are not connected. L and R signify Left and Right cards respectively. To the best of my knowledge these pin numbers are correct.

RH PCB. Input Amps.

R1. LINE SELECT. LINK TO L8
R2. MIC HI/LO SELECT. LINK TO R3
R3. MIC HI/LO LOGIC. LINK TO R2
R4.
R5.
R6.
R7.
R8.
R9. MIC/LINE PREAMP OUT. LINK TO L10
R10. CR
R11. JUMP COMMON
R12. JUMP -10dB. LINK TO R11 FOR -10dB OPERATING LEVEL
R13. JUMP -14dB. LINK TO R11 FOR -14dB OPERATING LEVEL
R14.
R15. -16A
R16. +16A
R17. CR
R18. 0L
R19. +5L
R20.
R21.
R22. LINE IN +
R23. LINE IN-
R24.
R25.
R26.
R27. CR
R28. MIC HI-LEVEL + . LINK TO R30 MIC INPUT
R29. MIC HI-LEVEL - . LINK TO R31 MIC INPUT
R30. MIC LO-LEVEL + . LINK TO R28 MIC INPUT
R31. MIC LO-LEVEL - . LINK TO R29 MIC INPUT
R32. CHASSIS

LH PCB. Trim, filters, EQ.

L1.
L2.
L3.
L4.
L5.
L6.
L7. CR
L8. LINE SELECT OUT. LINK TO R1
L9. CR
L10. TRIM INPUT FROM RIGHT CARD. LINK TO L10
L11. SET TRIM RANGE: OPEN +/-10dB, CLOSED +/-3dB. LINK TO L12
L12. SET TRIM RANGE: OPEN +/-10dB, CLOSED +/-3dB. LINK TO L11
L13. CR
L14. TRIM OUTPUT. LINK TO L21
L15. -16A
L16. +16A
L17. CR
L18. 0L
L19. +5L
L20.
L21. FILTERS INPUT. LINK TO L14
L22. EQ INPUT. LINK TO L23
L23. FILTERS OUTPUT. LINK TO L22
L24.
L25.
L26.
L27.
L28.
L29.
L30. CR
L31. EQ OUTPUT
L32. CHASSIS

+16A and -16A are the +/-16 volt audio supply rails. (+/-15V to +/-17.5V will do fine)
+5L and 0L are the +5V and logic ground supplies for switching purposes.
CR is Centre Rail; audio ground. ONLY use the CR pins at positions L17 and R17 for POWER as these generally have thicker tracks. ALL other CR pins are located next to audio signal pins and should ONLY be used for audio ground connections.
The Mic Hi level and Mic Lo level inputs are parallelled. There are usually two transformers on the RH card. These are for the mic inputs only. The line level input to the modules is balanced, but electronically coupled.
The module's Trim pot can have a range of +/-3dB or +/-10dB, depending on the linking of pins L11 & L12.

Inter-card inputs and outputs are all unbalanced.
The module final output (EQ) is unbalanced, and whilst all the outputs will drive respectably, they are intended as console internal connections, so the circuitry has been designed to match the rest of a Calrec console with regard to operating level, drive capability, interference immunity, etc. For correct external drive, further circuitry is recommended (you could just hang a trafo on the output, it would work, but it is a solution of zero-elegance).
This is the reason that the audio interface card in my set of photos is so busy. It has fully balanced inputs and outputs for the pre-amp output, filter in/out & EQ in/out.

It is worth noting that these modules have 4 separate circuit blocks: pre-amp, trim, filter and EQ.

Phantom power is applied externally, hence there being no mention of it above.

The PSU cards that are in my photos are available through my employer. If there is interest, I'll post details.
The +/-17V PSU is designated PS1175 and can be set at anything between +/-5V to +/-30V by 2 pairs of resistors. In the event of a fault, the rails track to within 0.6V. Current is up to 3A. There are fuses (electronic) which automatically reset on removal of load faults.
The +5V (logic) & +48V PSU is designated PS1169. Depending on the regulators fitted current can be up to 3A per rail. The logic rail voltage is set by the regulator fitted (7805, 09, 12, 15, 18, 24). The +48V is a variable regulator, set by 2 resistors.
On both PSUs there are positions for load-balancing resistors when 2 regulators per rail are fitted.
Both cards can have on-board or external (e.g. front-panel) LEDs for power-OK.

Any chance someone out there has the info on the Calrec DL-2716?  They are fairly available on ebay so I thought somebody might have some info.  Thanks for your time, Ehrmann

Hello there

It's my first time posting here.
Just wondering if anyone got their hands on the pinout for the Calrec DL2716 ?

I can only find the DL1656 Pinout (below) which is mono, and the 2716 is stereo. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1: L1 (stereo link 1 )
2: L2
4: remote meter
5: remote meter
7, 8: audio input ground
9: audio input positive
10: audio input negative
15: -17.5V
16: +17.5V
17: PSU common
18: 9Vneg (LED power supply)
20: 9Vpos
29: audio output positive
30: audio output negative
32: audio output ground

Thanks

a

I'm having trouble getting signal to pass through the module from the line in.  The mic ins seems to be working okay, but I cant seem to get the r22 and r23 line in pins to work.  They function some when the logic power rail is turned off but as soon as that is turned on i get a tint amount of signal and a whole lot of hiss.  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Latest posts

Back