Pieces of an old 70's Neumann console - Pictures

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

renx

Take a look at what I have stumbled upon...

An eq section

I don't know what this is, but it says: PV 46 D -> Dual Booster Amplifier

and a pre amp ...

I don't know what it sounds like, since it has no standard connectors, no PSU and it probably needs recapping. I won't have any time to work on it because I have to return it tomorrow. :cry:

Maybe, just maybe I will have a couple of these peamps :grin: , if I convince their owner to sell. Anybody know what could their price be, not knowing if they actually work!

Go for it, mate. There was not even one piece of crap coming from Neumann. Everything in your pictures can be converted to useful tools.
The PV46 is a linelevel amp with something like 30-40dB gain (don´t remember the exact value). Check kubarth.com there you might find more details.
btw I´m using a Neumann V476 preamp. They rock!
try to score this stuff, you won´t regret it

Hey Jens, thanks for your opinion, the guy told me that this was one of the best sounding consoles available in Europe at that time, but I wish I could hear it first...

Oh yes, the Neumann stuff was fantastic, I missed out on 8 pre's a few
months ago on Ebay, think they went for about 320 euro's each.
The summing amps are great too, I have the LAWO version for a mixer at
some point !!
I have a pair of Telefunken 676a's that are wonderful... and similar to the
3 - prefix Lawo
4 - prefix Neumann
6 - prefix Telefunken .... IIRC

Should work great - recap is probably recommended.
MM.

Lawo is prefix 9
Telefunken is prefix 3 and some of the 6
the others with prefix 6 are ANT, the Telefunken follow-up
Siemens has prefix 2
I did a preamp shootout together with kubi and silent:arts two years ago and the winner for vocals was the V476. And there were other serious stuff involved

Back