My first cut with G1176 on VOX

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

W DeMarco

I recentley got to put my G1176 to the test with a band called the Scrapes. The track is called Virgin, and initially was a demo but for some reason we decided to track it out. I think we cut drum and bass in all of 20 minutes. Of course its not quite mixed yet and Im thinking we might slide a sample under the snare as the head was completley dead but the Singer, Mary Cushman (blush) completley amazes me.

So I know the delay and verb is heavy but I would love to hear some comments on this one. And with those comments I might be able to make some Chiken soup out of this chicken shit!

http://www.vuturevisions.com/v.mp3

sounds great!

only the first line is way too verby. after its fine. the drums and bass sound great. the BKvox come out of no-where though. hint of them earlier or keep the main vox up at the end.

Thanks A Morris. I dont think we have anything tracked on the verse to intro those layers. Rest of the track is so sparse it is a bit over the top when it comes in. What bums me out more is the drumsound isnt all it could be. Im sure theyll be a bit better if mixed but Im considering using samples, which I dont want to do, or re-record the kit.

wow. great work, i agree with amorris, its a little muddy in the front, but when it opens up it sounds fantastic. the bass is BEAUTIFUL, i'd probably like it a tad hotter in the mix, the drums sound good, but maybe a little more mellow of a kick with more lows?

awesome work man, major props! :razz: :thumb:

Thanks for the props,

The band is really good, with lots of talent. Our friend, insert super producers name here, came in from San Francisco to produce the vocals with Mary. I got to engineer and watch the magic happen.

Latest posts

Back