m*nley prices

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's the problem? I had one of these on my bench last week, and they are pretty nice units. -I tested out a couple of 6386's in them.

The price may be optimistic, but this version has been out of production for a good while, so it's got some rarity value.

EveAnna has been known to pay the forum an occasional visit, so perhaps you might consider revising the title, since when I first read it I thought it implied that MANLEY themselves were doing something wrong...

...whereas I assume that you just mean the seller is being hopeful with his pricing... He's only asking about $1800 each, and -while that's probably on the high side- it's not hopelessly unreasonable I don't think.

Keith

not to mention Eveanna is a very generous person when it comes to sharing design information...
I agree that he should edit the title or this thread should be removed.

I bet those babies sound sweet like money! I've always heard that Manley makes some really great gear. Im sure the title doesnt refer to the product as much as the price. I don't think Ive ever heard anyone regard Manley gear as anything near shit! But like SSL tech I jumped the thread because I thought maybe Manley had taken the route of F ocusrite which is not the case and if ever happened would be tragic.

Mod that subject

Kinda like the ear pic someone posted ,
where i've seen people here doing nicer work
[ looks a little messy for what it probably cost
not ptp , just hand wired ]

but if it works for you and you're happy , then your happy
[ not like i'm lucky enough to own any Manley ]

Note, again, those are the earliest versions and should be considered a collectible variant. The internal construction does not in any way resemble the later versions. I'm not sure there was ANY OTHER vari-mu unit being made at the time these were introduced. Old man Manley may well have hand assembled these himself in this era. Is it okay to call him 'old man Manley'? :razz:

[quote author="emrr"]Is it okay to call him 'old man Manley'? :razz:[/quote]
He muss know somethin'... -he don't say nuthin'
-but old man Manley, he juss keep rollin' along :wink:

Yes, the version which I worked on was the later, 1-rack-unit. These earlier ones had a more expensive feeling output attenuator.

Keith

hard to tell in the little pic, but I'd guess SS rect with a voltage regulator tube for the 6386.

In my search for a little more info on these beasties I ventured to the Mausoleum at Manley's site. Found a great page with some nice info on these units but it seems one of the the auction pics was lifted from this page

http://www.manleylabs.com/containerpages/monomu.html

Lazy seller or something fishy? His/her feedback on ebay seems pretty good but who knows these days.

I'd love to pick up one of these pair if I had the cash. Perhaps I would have the cash if I didn't keep buying pcbs! :oops:

Cheers,
Ruairi

def. smells a bit fishy, in fact both auction pictures are from the Manley site :roll: though the seller is in audio for sure and had some cool stuff up for sale before

not clear in the auction, but I get word from Manley they are indeed the units being sold.

Back